Home

Offline vs Cloud CFM

This is a discussion on Offline vs Cloud CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Offline vs Cloud CFM

I did online last year and had no problems. I remember one day the servers were down, other than that it was fine. I did it because I wanted to be able to eventually use the app. Then the app came out and defeated that purpose as it was so limited.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #18
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Offline for life.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #19
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Can't ingame save with cloud. If u turn off game in the middle of a game or something, ea always disconnects, and they don't seem to allow a 'local save while playing' or something. So, ultimately, if u plan on playing an entire game in one setting, cloud is better. But, if u like to play longer games and/or enjoy the ability to save ingame, I suggest offline. That, for me, was the absolute deciding factor. I tend to play a half, and then get distracted or something, or simply want to take a break and finish later, or the next day. Can't do that with cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is incorrect. online absolutely saves game progress.

i play solo online cfm exclusively. in however many years it's been available i've had fewer issues than i can count on one hand. that includes the ncaa days, and madden is much more stable.

do it, for all the reasons mentioned, And, In Game Saves.

lol, i guess i was quoted from last season up above, but yeah, it works. There is one issue i hope they have fixed though. if you change your uniform options prior to the game, then quit the game and resume later, the uniform changes you made don't retain.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-18-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #20
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Actually you can save ingame with cloud franchise, I did it with my franchise last year. and to make sure I was remembering correctly I went back and found a thread discussing it where people confirmed that you can do ingame saves in online cloud franchise games.

Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??

I'm going to be quite frank, I don't believe any of this. Lol.

But, maybe they fixed it in 17. Because, now that i think about it, for me, it was 16. But, there was also a thread that year (might've been started by me. Lol) where we also disagreed and whether it did or didn't. Some people seemed to say it didn't affect them. But, from personal experience, I had it happen on 4-5 occasions b4 I gave up. And, actually, it was prob 3 diff types of situations.

1. I purposely turned off console at halftime thinking I could resume. When I turned console back on, it said, 'u were disconnected from ea servers. All data is lost. FU!'

2. I simply laid controller down, took my dog for a walk, came back, controller was turned off. When I turned it back on, I got the same message as above.

3. After discussing the issue on these forums, I tried something different, lol, and I can't remember what it was. Somehow to try and stay logged in. Or, some suggestion someone gave about leaving it on overnight, or maybe I was just trying to test it. Anyways, that also failed. For me, for 16, anytime the ea server connection was broken due to connection timeout or turning off console, etc, I lost my games.

So, maybe they fixed that in 17? But, I really have a feeling they didn't and there's just something different in everyone's connections. Or maybe, u have to press 'pause' and it works, or just some random difference that allows it to work.

Again, for me, I lost 4-5 games solo online franchise, so I just don't trust it anymore. But, after having this discussion, when I do get 18, I'm going to try it out and purposely cut out at halftime and see what happens.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I didn't know Online CFM had in-game saves, that may sway me. I used it so much the last few years. So do I need to close application like offline and just resume, put PS4 in rest mode etc..? So server goes down you don't lose progress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like to have full 32-team control so offline it is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Favorite Teams:
NFL: Detroit Lions
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Old 08-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #23
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Actually you can save ingame with cloud franchise, I did it with my franchise last year. and to make sure I was remembering correctly I went back and found a thread discussing it where people confirmed that you can do ingame saves in online cloud franchise games.

Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??

I have confirmed that u r correct, sir!! Lol. Seriously, though, it must've been M16 that screwed me 4-5 times. So, with M17, I didn't even bother to try cloud, I went straight to offline. But, I just started a cloud franchise in ea access trial. I played till halftime, quit the app, turned off Xbox, and waited 2 days, even, and started back up right where I left off.

So, I have def confirmed it works. That being said, I do now suggest cloud.

Carry on.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:05 AM   #24
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

I use the Cloud for my franchise. It's really good on auto saving if you get disconnected or the servers go down. I could be playing a game, just back out immediately, and it will ask me resume where I left off the next time I load it up. I've never had to restart a game against the CPU when playing on the Cloud.

As for the servers going down and not being able to access my game file, it's not a big deal for me. I'd start an offline one to keep me busy for the time being.

Using the Cloud makes the simming and loading a lot faster. Completely worth it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »