Home

GameStop is nuts!

This is a discussion on GameStop is nuts! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #41
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GameStop is nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Won't be too long and Gamestop will be a lot like Blockbuster Video stores. Every Gamestop I go into now is more about just selling the consoles and accessories and then toys and collectibles as opposed to an actual full video game selling store..

It is nice when you can find a game like NCAA 14 used.

The sooner they go away the better. I've shopped around and offered people $2 more per game than they did on the trade in. Everyone (but GameStop) wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #42
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm the same way man. All digital purchases now.
There's something about seeing all those madden games on my shelf though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #43
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan21
thats gamestop for you. they lowball you and make more reselling it.
One time my brother and I went to sell a PS3, and this guy and his daughter (about 8 years old) came in. The clerk said he'd give like $40 for it (can't recall the price). Said we'd think about it. So when the man and his daughter got to the line, he asked how much a used PS3 and one game was. They were going to charge him $200 I think.

So my brother and I go up to the man and tell him we'd sell our PS3 and a copy of Little Big Planet 2 for $115. We all got kicked out of the store, but he got his child a PS3 and a great game for a kid for barely more than half of what Gamestop charged, and we sold our PS3 for nearly three times what they offered us.

Good times... but yeah Gamestop is a rip off.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
One time my brother and I went to sell a PS3, and this guy and his daughter (about 8 years old) came in. The clerk said he'd give like $40 for it (can't recall the price). Said we'd think about it. So when the man and his daughter got to the line, he asked how much a used PS3 and one game was. They were going to charge him $200 I think.

So my brother and I go up to the man and tell him we'd sell our PS3 and a copy of Little Big Planet 2 for $115. We all got kicked out of the store, but he got his child a PS3 and a great game for a kid for barely more than half of what Gamestop charged, and we sold our PS3 for nearly three times what they offered us.

You were able to charge more because you cutout the middle man. This doesn't make GameStop a ripoff. If they don't make their cut how are they to stay in buisness?
So what happens if that system that you sold directly to that person doesn't work? If he purchased it from GameStop they would make it right. I'm not saying you wouldn't return their money but there are people out there don't mind selling lemons.
I am not a GameStop fan just to be clear. Best Buy is the best route to go for games imo.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #45
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

After working in game retail for a decade, I can attest for sports games losing value after a year. They don't sell at all. A used Madden 17 sells at $25 and they offered $6. That's 25% of the resell value, which is fairly decent for a year old sports game. Especially if they have thousands of copies traded in nationwide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞

LOL, I've done the same and also been kicked out of Gamestop. They really hate that!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunePirate
After working in game retail for a decade, I can attest for sports games losing value after a year. They don't sell at all. A used Madden 17 sells at $25 and they offered $6. That's 25% of the resell value, which is fairly decent for a year old sports game. Especially if they have thousands of copies traded in nationwide.
Haha, that's not decent at all. I hope you didn't take that considering Best Buy would have given you $25 (or more if you're a GCU) for it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #48
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I dropped in Gamestop about a week ago after I did my Best Buy trade-in looking for something to hold me over and they had a used copy of NCAA 14 for like $35.

I couldn't justify that in my mind.

I recently scored a copy of NCAA '14 on eBay for $12.99!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »