Home

Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning

This is a discussion on Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Disclaimer: I think the game is great and from the streams I've watched especially from Mills, I have high hopes and cannot wait to play myself.

But with that being said I trust Ryan Moody as he's one of the good guys and honest Madden youtubers.

I know the issues will be addressed but I could have sworn that either Rex or Clint said you will not be able to run the same play over and over this year. I'm going to post two videos from Ryan Moody that are very concerning.

1st video - He runs the same slant play over and over and over on All Pro default. I'm not entirely worried because, just don't run the same play, HOWEVER this shouldn't happen.

2nd video (most concerning) - I'm kinda at a loss for words on this one. I know QB AI issues are mostly good from the Day 0 patch with Josh's settings but it's the defensive side that worries me.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-19-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning

I'm not sure whats more alarming, the videos, or the fact none of it surprised me. I'm so used to handicapping my game to make it fair against the CPU (ask coach to call my plays, use coach mode on pass plays) that I've actually come to accept things like this. I love Madden and I'll play the hell out of 18 but its shocking to say the least just how far the bar has been lowered when it comes to my expectations.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

How does one get these videos in Rex's hands?
Old 08-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Two steps forward 10 back. Not worried about offense for patch, but is EA addressing defense at all?
Old 08-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #5
MVP

Maybe, that defensive back was like me in little league. I couldn't judge a long fly ball for ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #6
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

I posted about this in the impressions thread and nobody seemed to acknowledge it. Defensive backs and linebackers in coverage are actively running away from the guys they're covering on occasion. They'll cover the guy in question all the way up until the ball is leaving the QB's hands. Then they'll suddenly change direction or make a cut in the opposite direction of the receiver. I've seen it every game. If a guy is suddenly incredibly wide open and you don't know why, check the replay. I'll bet they ran away from him. I've been seeing it at least 5-6 times a game. Mostly happens to user AI but I've seen it happen on the other side twice. With a linebacker both times. User AI it seems to happen most to corners. They either run away like in the video, or they make a quick cut the exact opposite direction and then try and slowly turn around and run towards the receiver who now has the ball and is taking it easily to the house. They never catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

They've been saying since M16 that you can't run the same play again and again but it's never been true. This is weak.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Unhappy Re: Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I posted about this in the impressions thread and nobody seemed to acknowledge it. Defensive backs and linebackers in coverage are actively running away from the guys they're covering on occasion. They'll cover the guy in question all the way up until the ball is leaving the QB's hands. Then they'll suddenly change direction or make a cut in the opposite direction of the receiver. I've seen it every game. If a guy is suddenly incredibly wide open and you don't know why, check the replay. I'll bet they ran away from him. I've been seeing it at least 5-6 times a game. Mostly happens to user AI but I've seen it happen on the other side twice. With a linebacker both times. User AI it seems to happen most to corners. They either run away like in the video, or they make a quick cut the exact opposite direction and then try and slowly turn around and run towards the receiver who now has the ball and is taking it easily to the house. They never catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Have you noticed Players sprinting away from a ball carrier when that player puts out a stiff arm or puts their head down? I've been usering LBs who are about to make a tackle and then just turn around and run the other direction. It's super weird but it's happened a handful of times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »