Home

Best use of early access?

This is a discussion on Best use of early access? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Best use of early access?

I am currently downloading the game on ea access. With 10 hours to use over today and tomorrow I am wondering what to do. Obviously, I am going to play a couple of games but don't want to get into setting up my franchise until the patch. Thinking about putting my 11 and 12 personnel dominant offensive playbook together. What is the best use of this time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Best use of early access?

Play the game, laugh at the CPU QB's, lose some hair after watching a zone defender let a WR come wide open across his face, go do something else.

Kidding, but only half kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

I know that is going to happen but since I spent five bucks I want to get my money's worth. I mean I could have bought a double chalupa box for that kind of money.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Your own personal review time. So you don't have to rely on websites and other gamers to decide if it's worth a buy. You can't really start a CFM or anything long term because of Day 1 Patch and cloud data, but you can get enough of a feel to know if you're willing to drop $60.

I hate reviews, I hate critics. They tend to suck and do not reflect what I'm willing or not willing to put up with, so I make my own decision when allowed.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I think the one thing that's worth it is the target passing tutorial. That way u see it and get an idea if u like it or not. And/or just simply get a feel for the new mechanic. I started a CFM even though I will restart it once reg season rosters are set just to see how game plays in CFM as sometimes u see differences in CFM and play now. I'm not a playbook guy, so I don't even mess with that. I just want to get a feel for the game with a few games. And, again, the target passing tutorial is worth checking out before chucking it around in a game situation.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I think the one thing that's worth it is the target passing tutorial. That way u see it and get an idea if u like it or not. And/or just simply get a feel for the new mechanic. I started a CFM even though I will restart it once reg season rosters are set just to see how game plays in CFM as sometimes u see differences in CFM and play now. I'm not a playbook guy, so I don't even mess with that. I just want to get a feel for the game with a few games. And, again, the target passing tutorial is worth checking out before chucking it around in a game situation.

I am not interested in target passing because it's not tied to ratings. Loaded it up, played first half of superbowl against brady. He went 19 for 19, 172 yards and two touchdowns. I guess he is the goat. This is an anomaly or this game is going to cause slideritis to the point of clinical depression.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am not interested in target passing because it's not tied to ratings. Loaded it up, played first half of superbowl against brady. He went 19 for 19, 172 yards and two touchdowns. I guess he is the goat. This is an anomaly or this game is going to cause slideritis to the point of clinical depression.

Yeah, I want target passing tied to ratings as well, but it's an interesting addition to the game.

And, yeah, I played the super bowl rematch on all-pro sim. I won easily as Falcons, I believe, by 12-14 points. I think Brady threw for 90%+, though. Lol. And, Ryan only threw for 58%. I was kind of upset about that. Lol.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I spent mine the following ways:

1. Checked out Longshot. It can be pretty fun and it gives you an intro to target passing.
2. Play some games to spot any new differences.
3. Start editing my rosters. I do a complete roster edit for every team.
4. Do a few mock CFM's to see how the CPU drafts, signs free agents etc this year.

Anytime I had left which was about an hour I used to answer QA's in the forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »