Home

Madden 18 Gameplay: What's Working and What Isn't

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Gameplay: What's Working and What Isn't within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden 18 Gameplay: What's Working and What Isn't

With the transition to the Frostbite Engine, Madden 18 welcomes a new era of gameplay to the franchise....

Written By: Ben Vollmer

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 18 Gameplay: What's Working and What Isn't

Quote:
The CPU quarterbacks move around in the pocket and will take off when there is green in front of them. This really adds a new dynamic to the pass rush, as over-committing doesn't necessarily result in a sack or a hurried throw.
I was shocked to see this article lead off with something positive about the CPU QB AI. I've watched several gameplay videos and read over 100 impressions and I have not seen what you are describing. In fact, the main complaint about the game seems to be QBs standing still and not running. And I've seen many times when they do actually take off and run, they make an ill advised throw as they approach the line of scrimmage instead of running for easy yards. Basically the opposite of what you said. I don't have the game yet so I can't speak about my own experiences but the contrast between your statement about the QB AI and everything else I've read is alarming. I hope the gameplay and impressions I've seen surrounding the QB gameplay aren't as damning as they sound. I hope you're right.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-20-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
+1?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Linebacker57's Arena

Can anyone report on these reach tackles? I've always felt EA shrugs off defensive mechanics in favour for offense and reach tackles are a big addition even though it should of been in for years (APF 2K8 had great reach tackles).
I gave up on 17 because block shedding seemed so pre-determined and you would get stuck on lineman far to easy. has this been tuned to factor in ratings and momentum/weight? The addition of reach tackles would certainly help the case for people like me who play this game more so for user controlled defence.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #5
Rookie

Linebacker57's Arena

Can anyone report on these reach tackles? I've always felt EA shrugs off defensive mechanics in favour for offense and reach tackles are a big addition even though it should of been in for years (APF 2K8 had great reach tackles).
I gave up on 17 because block shedding seemed so pre-determined and you would get stuck on lineman far to easy. has this been tuned to factor in ratings and momentum/weight? The addition of reach tackles would certainly help the case for people like me who play this game more so for user controlled defence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 05:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I was shocked to see this article lead off with something positive about the CPU QB AI. I've watched several gameplay videos and read over 100 impressions and I have not seen what you are describing. In fact, the main complaint about the game seems to be QBs standing still and not running. And I've seen many times when they do actually take off and run, they make an ill advised throw as they approach the line of scrimmage instead of running for easy yards. Basically the opposite of what you said. I don't have the game yet so I can't speak about my own experiences but the contrast between your statement about the QB AI and everything else I've read is alarming. I hope the gameplay and impressions I've seen surrounding the QB gameplay aren't as damning as they sound. I hope you're right.
I agree with this 1,000%...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I agree with this 1,000%...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
+1...I have seen just the opposite regarding CPU QB play.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Going to state this again:

Writer using code with patch.

Most with impressions using unpatched EA Access version.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »