Home

Simulation Mode Needs Work

This is a discussion on Simulation Mode Needs Work within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Simulation Mode Needs Work

Ok, EA. The biggest thing that hooked me to this year's game was simulation mode. For year's I've been screaming that I want the players to play to their ratings. Needless to say, I was amazed at this. I played my first full game on All Pro, default sliders. EA, we need to talk.

First... "simulation mode" did not pass my "punter as a QB test." In other words, playing as the Eagles, I put Donnie Jones (punter) as the QB and his final stats: 12/22 215 yards. Don't be fooled by the low completion percentage... I was just working on a lot of stuff (WR screens do no work). He threw passes with that pinpoint accuracy that i loathed from Madden 17.

Second... same game, not a single penalty called. Not. One. Penalty.

Three... I will give you props for the off-ball penalties. Glad to see that finally make it. It would be helpful if these injuries could receive the same animations etc as others. When I see "injury" pop up, I have to pause the game, go to the menus, then go to injury to see who is injured.

Conclusion... I really hoped that the "simulation" mode would prevent me from having to spend weeks searching for that mythical unicorn slider setting but my laser accurate punter as QB showed me that isn't going to be the case. And I tend to play this game-within-a-game every year: I finally find that unicorn slider setting around the end of September, only for a patch to come out that makes me have to change everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Simulation Mode Needs Work

Please use the impressions thread.

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »