Home

Roster problems

This is a discussion on Roster problems within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Roster problems

I haven't played Madden in like two years, but got the urge to play the other day. Ive been downloading some updated rosters, but I keep having problems. Once I downloaded the roster I want, I checked for accuracy making sure all the player ratings seem pretty up to date and all the correct players have been edited out of the roster. After checking to make sure guys like Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Troy Polamalu and the like are no longer active, I go to start my offline Connected Career. Once CC starts, I checked the rosters to make sure they're okay and they were fine. But a bunch of players appeared in free agency out of nowhere. Ray Rice appeared, Chris Johnson appears in free agency even though he's on the Cardinal's, Jake Long and some other players appeared too. I've tried doing this with several different downloaded rosters and it always seems to happen. Do any of you guys know how I can get my complete roster to old to my CC without these other players appearing? I'm just trying to play a few franchise games, but without all these retired players muddling up the game. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Roster problems

which game version & year are you playing?
Old 01-03-2016, 01:08 AM   #3
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Roster problems

Madden's default roster (the roster that loads when you start the game without any storage device) automatically starts in CFM mode even if the players have been deleted from a roster.

Here's how I get around it using the editor:

1. Save the default roster to your flash drive and save 2 copies of your desired roster to your flash drive. Name one of the desired rosters 55YearsOld.

2. Open the 55YearsOld roster in the editor and go to the Actions Tab, Mass, Set Attribute, Age then set the entire roster age to 55. Save it and bring the roster back to your Xbox.

3. Start a CFM with the 55YearsOld roster and advance to the 1st week of the preseason. Go into free agency and sort by age. Anyone that is not 55 years old is a default roster player that loaded into your CFM. If your entire classic roster contains no current players, you don't need to do this age verification process.

4. To get rid of the players you need to assign the default players Original ID and Player ID (It's the same number) to a player. There are 2 ways to do this. The first way is to assign the ID's to your retro roster players but this comes with some problems. Some players (Mainly star players, some 1st round picks, assumed future stars and fading stars) have in game audio tied to the Original ID. Also Scheme (3-4 base, Spread Offense, etc.) and Style (Mobile QB, 3-4 Pass Rusher, etc.) are tied to Player ID. Scheme always stays the same, even if you change a player from offense to defense. Style will revert to Balanced if you change a players position. You can also stop much if not all of the audio tied to Original ID while keeping the PCMT audio if you change a DL or LB to a DB (Although I have heard the announcer say "And Deion Sanders in on the tackle" even though I had a DE assigned Deion's ID's). And change a QB or HB to a WR, TE, or OL. It's the same in reverse, DB to front 7, or OL, WR, TE to QB, HB.

5. The second way, if you don't want to assign the ID's to your retro players. Create a player (or even better take an existing player) and change his name to say Retired Player. Then change his age to 55, years pro to 30, team to Free Agents and change all his stats to a 12 rating. Right click on the player and export him to a folder. Go to the folder, right click on the csv file of the Retired Player that you just created and copy. Then paste and continue until you have the desired number of players that you don't want showing up in CFM. Open your retro roster back up with the editor and import the players.

6. Now that you have your retro roster with a bunch of Retired Players, open the editor a 2nd time with the Default roster and look for the player's that you don't want showing up on your retro roster and assign their Original ID's and Player ID's to your Retired Players manually. (You can do this by right clicking on the Retired Player and selecting Raw, about 50 spots down the list you'll see PGID and POID that are one spot away from each other, change those) Save your roster when you are done.

And that's it. Couple of notes, it's easier to export the entire roster and do it from the Excel file. Also, after you have added a little over 500 players that do not have one of the original default Player ID's, the game starts deleting players from franchise draft mode. It starts with the Texans then Vikings and goes in reverse alphabetical order by team nickname.

No matter what, those retired players still are going to be in CFM but nobody will pick them up with a 12 rating and many retire before the season starts. The others will retire before the next season begins. Also assign the retired players fairly evenly to all positions except don't have any at Kicker, Punter or Tight End. I think they will ALL retire before week 1 if they aren't at K, P or TE. Not 100% positive but pretty sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »