Home

Madden PSP & Vita Rosters, Franchises Updates, Mods & Tutorials

This is a discussion on Madden PSP & Vita Rosters, Franchises Updates, Mods & Tutorials within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon3 Madden PSP & Vita Rosters, Franchises Updates, Mods & Tutorials

Vita Roster Editing is now possible! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=126 Credit to Lorak!

TOC:
Post 1: Introduction
Post 2: Rosters, Franchises, Misc Files
Post 3: Tutorials

Greetings.

After several weeks of reading, learning, experimenting, and what not, I've gotten a decent handle on editing Madden (and the EA Sports) series of games for PSP. It handles very similarly to the PC and PS2 versions since the databases are similar.

Over the next couple posts and beyond, I'll be posting updated Rosters, Franchises, and Mods to the Madden PSP series which will work on Madden 08 and Madden 12 for PSP and PS Vita/PS TV. I'll also continue to work on the tutorials on how to do it yourself.

All of this would not be possible without some great, smart, folks at Operation Sports and FootballIdiot forums who developed tools, tutorials, and data that has been used for PC that can be applied in similar fashion for PSP.

On a side note, I'm also doing a similar project for NCAA Football on PSP (which also works on Vita and Playstation TV). You can find more info here and updates in the NCAA Football Roster Forum in general.

Update: The modding, updates, and knowledge is continuing on for 2016-17 and beyond thanks to some great contributions from members at OS! This is great! We now can mod Madden 13 on Playstation Vita/TV and continually working on PSP thank to contributions from Lorak and Reeshmd23 who's been working with me on this since 2015. Also great thanks to Brock, Harry97, h4wduk3n, and others who have put in a lot of time modding the PS2 and PSP series of Madden and NCAA games.

Visit my sports blog/editing site @ http://www.AntDroid.net

Last edited by antdroid; 09-09-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2016, 02:12 AM   #2
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Re: Madden PSP Roster Updated Files

ROSTER AND FRANCHISE FILES

2017-18 Rosters & Franchises by Reeshmd23

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...&postcount=437

2016-17 Season Rosters!!
PSP
Updates for 2016 by Reeshmd23:

Madden 08 Roster - Updated 08/18/2016
Madden 12 Roster - Updated 09/08/2016

Madden 08 Franchise Mods - Updated 09/10/2016
Madden 12 Franchise Mods - Updated 09/08/2016

Playstation Vita & Playstation TV
Rosters by Lorak
Madden 13 2016-17 Season Rosters - Updated 12/29/2016

Updated Week 11 franchise by Lorak & Reeshmd23
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2048590848&postcount=295

Rosters:
Rosters use RogerJinx's Madden 08 PC roster as a base, which was imported and converted from EA's official Madden 16 update. Please note that you will see some positional overall ratings really high, especially fullbacks. This is due to how PS3 calculates vs how the older Maddens calculate overall.

Features:
  • Based on RogerJinx/EA Madden ratings
  • 1867 Players for Madden 12 / 1962 Players for Madden 08 in database
  • Player portraits set to None
  • Fixed Skin Tones
  • Auto Depth Chart
  • No starting injuries
  • Bug: Do not start a Madden 08 Franchise with this roster. It will crash. Separate Franchise files are included.

Franchises:
Franchise saves are included because they can be more heavily updated without doing mods to your game. In addition, the roster file will crash in Madden 08 if you try to start a franchise, so this is a workaround and improvement! Please note that you will see some positional overall ratings really high, especially fullbacks. This is due to how 16 calculates vs how the older Maddens calculate overall.

Features:
  • Based on RogerJinx Madden PC roster/EA Madden ratings
  • 2149 Player database
  • 2016 Draft pick trades included as of 1/18/2016
  • Updated Stadium Names
  • Updated Coaching Staffs
  • Updated 2015 Regular Season Schedule
  • St Louis Rams are now the Los Angeles Rams
  • Fixed skin tones
  • Player Portraits set to None
  • No Starting Injuries
  • Auto Depth-Chart

The franchise has every NFL team set to User Controlled, however, each team has been set to allow CPU to manage everything. Go into the Team Management screen to choose what team you want to be. I found this works best for the first season - the CPU doesn't seem to want to do in-season transactions even if it really really needs to and this screws everything up - but you can reset the cpu controlled teams after the first season in the offseason if you wish.

INSTALLATION

PSP

Download and Unzip contents.
The folders within SAVEDATA go in your /PSP/SAVEDATA folder on your mem card. It will override anything in your Save Slot #1 for Franchise/Roster, so back those up if you want.

The SAVEPLAIN folders are for roster editing. For editing, you'll need to install a custom firmware and plugin for your PSP or Vita as described in the tutorials.

All previous files can be found at http://www.Antdroid.net

Vita

Follow the instructions/links of post #195.
Download the uploaded roster file from post #201 and the updated franchise file from post #214. I recommend you to follow all the links inside those posts above.

If you experiment some issues, please read carefully all the posts in this thread starting from post #195 before trying anything else. It is likely that you will find a solution in those posts.

FYI - This Draft Class works with Madden PSP!
http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewt...p?f=83&t=17162

A few things:

1. You need to create an unencrypted save in your Franchise immediately following the Coach Signing phase after the season.

2. You need NZA Madden Editor to open the franchise save and to load the draft class.

3. If you get an error loading the draft class, it's could be due to the size difference between what PSP expects and what PC expects. You will need to cut down the draft class using a spreadsheet editor to the appropriate size.

To do this, load your save in NZA, then load the draft class. Export it and see how many rows there are. Now open the Draft Class download and open that up and change accordingly.

Draft class files are *.MDC but really, they are just tab delimited spreadsheets.

That's all. Enjoy.

UMD/ISO MODS

Roster Position Requirements Relaxation (template.dat)
I was able to figure out how to change the mandatory number of players per team per position by editing a file called template.dat. The update is also attached. This lowers the required number of players at HB, T, G, DT, FS, SS and setting the minimum number of 40.

To install this update, you will need UMDGen. Open up an ISO dump of your game, and navigate to usrdata/data folder. Replace the existing template.dat with the attached modified template.dat. Then save and reload the ISO to your memory stick.

- - - - - -

VIDEO:

Super Bowl 50 Preview using Madden 08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRly35DWNA

Madden 12 Roster Features, Franchise Features, and more

Video showing all the features as of 01/19/2016
Madden 08 Old Roster Demo
Just a video showing Madden 08 QB depth charts.

2015-16 Season:
Files for Madden 08 and Madden 12 for Playstation Portable (PSP), Playstation Vita, and Playstation TV
Updated: February 05, 2016

Files Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip madden 08 - template.zip (522.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: zip Madden 12 - Template Position Breakdown.zip (438.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: zip Madden08-PSP-2015-Finalv2.zip (1.68 MB, 67 views)
File Type: zip Madden12-PSP-2015-Finalv2.zip (1.68 MB, 258 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 09-08-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Madden PSP Modding

Vita Roster Editing! by Lorak
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=126

PSP/PS2 Tutorials

The PSP Madden series (and NCAA?) shares a lot of similarities and file structures to the ones on PS2 and PC so many of the same tools and tips developed for the PC version work for this series! There's been a lot of great tools and tutorials built around Madden 08 at FootballFreaks/FootballIdiot that paved the way for me to experiment on PSP using similar techniques.
  1. Software Tools
  2. Basic Roster Editing/Importing
  3. Expanding Roster database size
  4. Creating Madden 08 Franchise from Madden 12 Franchise
  5. Importing/Editing Coaches
  6. Transferring existing Franchises to different Madden PSP
  7. Graphics Modding
  8. Game Settings Mods

Tools required:
NZA 2.0 Madden 08 PC Editor
DB Editor 3.0 for Madden 08 PC
Spreadsheet program (e.g. Excel)
PSP with cFW
Deemerh.prx plugin for PSP, that is already set up.
For my Mac setup, I used VirtualBox with WinXP though I was able to use Wine as well for the PC applications.

Files are found here: http://football-freaks.wikia.com/wik...Files_Download

- - -

Basic Roster Editing

Creating base files:

1) Open Madden using default rosters and make a save.

2) Plug PSP onto computer. Go to /PSP/SAVEPLAIN folder (this is a new folder created by the plugin) and extract out the save data for Madden. The rosters end of 5016 I believe if you chose Save slot #1, 17 for #2, 18 for #3, etc.

Info: The deemerh plugin creates the SAVEPLAIN folder and within the folder, an unencrypted copy of your save. This allows it to be edited. You can then edit these files (SDDATA.BIN). When you load a save within a game, and the plugin active, the game will look for matching files in saveplain first, before going to the standard SAVEDATA folder, so you only need to edit off of saveplain (as long as files of any date are present in savedata)

3) Keep this copy -- we will refer to this as the original roster database.

Editing Rosters

1) Make a copy of the original roster to work off of.
2) In the folder, rename the file SDDATA.BIN to SDDATA.ROS for rosters and SDDATA.FRA for franchise. (The filename actually wont matter at this stage, only the extension)
3) Open the file in NZA Editor
4) In the file menu, choose Edit Players.
5) You can now edit players!

Importing Rosters

I took an existing, already modified, Madden 08 PC roster to work from. Using the Editing Roster steps above, I opened the PC roster in NZA Editor, then:

1) In the Edit Players menu, there will be an EXPORT CSV button at the bottom. Press this to export the file.

2) Open this new file up in your spreadsheet editor and work from it! You will need to scale back the roster to 1962 players for Madden 08 and 1866 players in Madden 12. More info on how to read the database is available if you look for the Madden database definitions in Football Freaks Wikia.

3) Now, open up your original Madden roster in NZA Editor, and export that file. Then open up that CSV, look for the Player ID column and copy the entire column.

4) Go back to the PC spreadsheet, after you scaled down the roster, and paste the Player ID in your clipboard to the corresponding column. You will also need to paste the same data into the POID column, which is 2 columns over. Then SAVE.

5) Now, open up your working copy of PSP roster (the one you're editing) and IMPORT the modified PC spreadsheet. You should now have the imported roster loaded! I recommend editing in NZA Editor as much as you can at this point as it is easier, though for bulk items, use the CSV -- just remember to import/export frequently. Also, it would be good to change all Portrait IDs to 0, since the portrait faces will not match. This is column titled PSXP.

Expanding the Size/Importing larger roster databases

NZA editor is great however it won't let you increase the size of a database. For this, you will need to use Madden DB Editor (v3.0 doesn't seem to do this either though - so use a previous version). Basically, load the roster/franchise you want, find the PLAY (Players) database - load - then export to csv. Then you can start modifying this csv by adding more lines for new players or take an existing roster/franchsie, export that, and import it into your old one using DB Editor.

Re-Loading Rosters to PSP.

1) Once you have everything the way you want, rename the SDDATA.ROS file back to SDDATA.BIN -- Note the extension changed back to BIN!

2) Move the SDDATA.BIN file back to the correct folder in SAVEPLAIN on your PSP.

3) Now, start Madden up and load the roster. It should show up with the new edits. I make a quick check to see if all salaries and contract lengths are correct too within Madden. Also make sure no team has more than 55 players.

4) Re-do depth charts for every team.

5) Once youre happy, you can save if you wish. This will create both a standard save as well as an updated SAVEPLAIN file.

Converting PC Face ID to appropriate Skin Tone ID:

Coming soon!

Creating Madden 08 Franchise from Madden 12 Franchise:

This is the only way I was able to create an updated file to play Franchise mode in Madden 08 (so far). For some reason, the updated rosters will freeze up when trying to start a new franchise in 08. So the work-around is to use a new roster in Madden 12, start a franchise, save it, and bring it over to Madden 08.

To do this, we will take Madden 12's franchise, and export and replace Madden 08's franchise and then put it in Madden 08.

1) Open up Madden 08 with default roster. Start a franchise, and save it before you do anything.

2) Open up Madden 12 with updated roster. Start a franchise, and save it before you do anything.

3) Connect PSP to PC and pull the Madden 12 ROSTER file. It'll end in 0016, 0017, etc. This is odd -- Madden 12 somehow combines the franchise with the roster -- 08 does not do this. Also pull out the Madden 08 FRANCHISE save. This will end in 0000, 0001, etc.

4) Using DB Editor, open up the Madden 12 file. Go to the PLAY database. Once that is loaded, export the data to a csv.

5) Now open up the 08 franchise file in DB Editor. Go to the PLAY database. Once loaded, IMPORT the CSV from step 4.

6) Close/Save the file. Then replace the edited 08 franchise file back to your PSP.

7) Load up the franchise and make sure it looks right.

Importing Coaches into Franchise:

I've only been able to do this with Madden 08 FRA files.

1. Extract your Madden 08 franchise saveplain file. The folder for this will end in 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003 depending on slot.

2. Open up DB Editor and open this file. DB editor doesnt require you to rename the extension, as long as you make sure it opens all files.

3. A bunch of data will generate. There will be a database called COACHES. Open this one, then in the file menu, export it to csv.

4. Open the new csv file and begin editing! Be sure to change coach portraits to 0. I believe the column is COXP.

5. After you're done editing, go back to DB Editor, and import the csv file to the COACHES database and save/close.

6. Reload this file onto your psp and you should be set.

Alternatively, I opened up a current madden pc roster and extracted the coaches database from that, and imported it into the PSP franchise file without a hitch.

Transferring Franchises from one Madden PSP to another

1. In your current Madden franchise, save it and create an unencrypted save (old save) using the plugin described above.
2. In your "new" Madden, create a franchise and save it, also creating an unencrypted save (new save).
3. Pull both unencrypted saves from your PSP to your computer.
4. Open up both unencrypted saves (SDDATA.BIN) in a HEX editor.
5. In the "new" save, copy the first 24 characters and replace the first 24 characters in the "old" save.
6. Save the "old" save, and replace it in the SAVEPLAIN folder in your psp of the Madden you wish to transfer your franchise in (the new save location).

- - - - -

Graphics Modding

A lot of credit here goes to B-Rad and ReeshMD23 for the idea and knowledge.

Tools:
UMDGen if you're on a PC. On a MAC, you can run it in Wine or use another ISO editing program.
A ISO/CSO generated from your UMD

Importing Madden 12 graphics to previous Maddens.

1. Open up the Madden 12 ISO in UMDGen.
2. Go to USRDIR / DATA folder
3. Extract out the Stadiums and Uniforms folder
4. Open up the previous Madden ISO now.
5. Import the Stadiums and Uniforms folder and replace the existing ones in the same location.
6. Save and load it on your memory card.

According to B-Rad, you can also export/import the default rosters, but I wasn't able to get it working.

Modding your own graphics

I dont really understand this yet. I do know the viv files can be viewed in EA Graphics Editor, which will dump you a *.MSH file. This file can then be opened in Console Texture Editor, but I havent gotten much further than that. It seems to require a lot of hex viewing to find the right offset, i.e. a lot of work.

- - - - -

Game Settings / Template.dat Mods

This section will discuss modding the template.dat file which is a collection of databases which include default rosters, franchises, coaches, playbooks, settings, etc. as I learn more about them.

Editing Minimum Roster Requirements

Coming soon.

Changing the default Rosters

Still experimenting...

Changing default coaches

Still experimenting...

Changing default schedule

Still experimenting...

- - -

Credits: B-Rad from FootballIdiots, reeshmd23, RogerJinx from FootballIdiots, NZA Editor, PackFan0820 (DB Editor), Football-Freaks/Football Idiot forums, Operation Sports

B-Rad's tutorial: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/v...p?f=19&t=16770

Last edited by antdroid; 09-15-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Re: Madden PSP Roster Editing

I was playing around in franchise mode in Madden 08 and realized by mid-season of the first year that the database would be short of certain free agent positions because of the roster size limitations. So my work-around? I figured out how to increase the database size and imported over 200 free agents over from PC database! The January 11th update is available in Post #2.

With this Madden 08 Franchise update, I also included my slider settings for All-Pro mode, injuries/penalty sliders, included the 2016 coaching staffs and schedules. The franchise has every NFL team set to User Controlled, however, each team has been set to allow CPU to manage everything. Go into the Team Management screen to choose what team you want to be. This should be what you do for the first season - the CPU doesn't seem to want to do in-season transactions even if it really really needs to and this screws everything up - but you can reset the cpu controlled teams after the first season in the offseason if you wish.

I also recently ported the Operation Sports community rosters over to NCAA 10 for PSP. This can be found here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-rosters.html
Old 01-12-2016, 11:18 PM   #5
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

I added a new Madden 08 Franchise file update. This time, I moved St Louis to Los Angeles! It's just a name change. I also renamed every stadium to current names. Can't seem to get these type of mods to play well with Madden 12 yet and I don't have the game installed currently since I have no space, so no new updates for 12.

Last edited by antdroid; 01-13-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow this is awesome, great work! Was looking around for something like this. Will have to fire up my old PSP and get Madden 08. Can't wait to try these out!

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2016, 01:25 AM   #7
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Cool. I hope you enjoy.

I just found out how to modify the roster breakdown requirements, though this requires modifying files within the game itself and not just a save file. Hopefully with this I can inject other mods into the game as well, but this will make it less stringent on the number of, say, Tackles, you need to carry at all times.

I reduced HBs to 2, Tackles and Guards to 3, DTs to 3, and Safeties to 1.

If you want to try this out, you can download the attach zip. Then extract the file (template.dat).

Using UMDGen, open the Madden 08 ISO, and open it to /PSP_GAME/USRDIR/data and replace the template.dat with the downloaded one. Then save and reload on to your psp.
Attached Files
File Type: zip template.zip (522.3 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 01-16-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #8
Rookie

GoJays09's Arena

OVR: 1

This roster is great and thanks for putting in all the detail for it minotauri, but for some reason many players in the Madden 12 version have the wrong skin tones (i.e. Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Eli Manning etc.). Not the biggest deal but figured I would mention it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »