Home

SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

This is a discussion on SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom] within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

Hey SeanDylan ,
First I played these last night when you first posted them and i had a blast because everything wasnt one dimensional .
I mean I could get stopped on one play but on the next also break a BIG PLAY , which I like.
Gameplay flow was very nice and smooth as how players reacted was very natural but as I think one other person mentioned WR catch at 25 seems very low unless im doing something wrong ? So I moved it to 30 because if guys even got bumped slighty they would drop the ball and Rbs out of the backfield with nobody on them struggled at best and if I recall at halftime I had 9 drops and the cpu 6.
Though the overall passing numbers were good for Farve and Cutler completion % was unrealistically low intil I bumped up the WR catch to 30 .

Im not really a Madden sliders guy but yours are very close for my needs as Minny (me) beat the Bears in Minn 35-21 , Peterson had a 65 yard run for a Td and Favre also Had two big yard passes both for TDs.
The Bears had one big Run 35 yards and cutler had 2 big Passes and one for a 40 yard Td .
I played exhibiton mode but another problem playing in franchise mode is when you have RIVALRY game as it boosts the Cpu team greatly which makes it hard to adjust sliders man if your in test mode so Maybe thats where you cant understand some of the wierd scores you getting ?

I personally really hate when games use speed Boosts ect instead of good cpu AI.
Well Im gonna play another and I will post Stats later and by the way are you testing these in Franchise mode ?
And thanks for the first time effort and 6 min quarters were fine for me .
Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
Smile Re: SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

SeanDylan
I like the look of it, I will try them out when I get more accustomed to the game.

Regarding your high points:
I think you have to be patient before you make big changes.
Sometimes you get a lot of turnovers and then suddenly, next game, you score low.
If the game feels right - give it time.

I only control one player on D and never change.
I try to run "realistic" plays with big variations.
I pick the plays but sometimes I push GameFlow just to get something I am not totally familiar with.

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

These seem to definitely need some work, very unrealistic...Rams blowing teams out?? LOL...McNabb has never thrown 4 INTs in one game in his 11 year career...
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

Wow, Why don't you try these instead of just bashing them. This problem doesn't happen to anyone else, mabye hes just really good at Madden? Why don't you try them I gurantee you dont win.. Well you might just make some stuff up saying you won. I'm a Madden vet and I consider myself a strong player and these sliders and Realistic are very challenging.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Hey SeanDylan ,
First I played these last night when you first posted them and i had a blast because everything wasnt one dimensional .
I mean I could get stopped on one play but on the next also break a BIG PLAY , which I like.
Gameplay flow was very nice and smooth as how players reacted was very natural but as I think one other person mentioned WR catch at 25 seems very low unless im doing something wrong ? So I moved it to 30 because if guys even got bumped slighty they would drop the ball and Rbs out of the backfield with nobody on them struggled at best and if I recall at halftime I had 9 drops and the cpu 6.
Though the overall passing numbers were good for Farve and Cutler completion % was unrealistically low intil I bumped up the WR catch to 30 .

Im not really a Madden sliders guy but yours are very close for my needs as Minny (me) beat the Bears in Minn 35-21 , Peterson had a 65 yard run for a Td and Favre also Had two big yard passes both for TDs.
The Bears had one big Run 35 yards and cutler had 2 big Passes and one for a 40 yard Td .
I played exhibiton mode but another problem playing in franchise mode is when you have RIVALRY game as it boosts the Cpu team greatly which makes it hard to adjust sliders man if your in test mode so Maybe thats where you cant understand some of the wierd scores you getting ?

I personally really hate when games use speed Boosts ect instead of good cpu AI.
Well Im gonna play another and I will post Stats later and by the way are you testing these in Franchise mode ?
And thanks for the first time effort and 6 min quarters were fine for me .
I'm glad you like them and that seems really odd that you're getting 6-10 drops in the first half, that's kind of excessive as well as ridiculous. The most the CPU has had thus far is four drops in an entire game for me. I think one of the reasons why I'm getting less drops then some of you guys is because as soon as I throw the ball, I'm usually changing to my WR and catching it on my own. That's not always the case but from what I know, user catches have a higher chance of being caught than the CPU catching for you.

I think I'm going to bump up WR catching to 30 and see what happens myself. I like catching being a bit low in general because drops in the NFL do occur, especially from average to bad receivers. As it is, straight out of the box as well as most peoples sliders, you rarely ever get drops, and I personally don't like that.

That's also another thing I like with the sliders I've created. It seems as though I'll get stuffed on a run play, try another run play for a minimal gain, then run a play action to SJAX in the flat (I do a double swap RB so he's now my FB) and I'll pull off a big gain. This isn't always the case but sometimes it happens. I'll also break out in an occasional long run but the CPU will also do the same. I think the speed threshold is where it should be as well.

As far as the quarters are concerned, I ran a few games on five minutes with no accelerated clock and it seemed I was about 30 plays short of what the NFL usually is so I decided to bump it up to six and I'm usually averaging what it should be.

O and I'm currently using these sliders in Franchise mode. I'm the Rams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
Rookie

Thanks RDuBx and chuckles, I'm glad you liked the. I had a feeling you would like them chuckles, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
These seem to definitely need some work, very unrealistic...Rams blowing teams out?? LOL...McNabb has never thrown 4 INTs in one game in his 11 year career...
To be honest, I have to agree with you, it didn't make sense to me either so I decided to check other peoples sliders but only the ones with good feedback. For the most part, these sliders were setup easier than mine, excluding 3-4 numbers in QB accuracy and about 10 in break tackle for the CPU. I think I've got one of the harder sliders out there but I may be wrong. I think the only reason why I'm beating the CPU like I currently am is because of all these turnovers. I'm about to play again and we'll see what happens, I'm kind of hoping that this time around Rivers lights me up, haha.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

Yes, there great sliders your set and realistics are the only sets I plan on using there both very fun and exciting. I user catch as well, but like I said most my drops were on the first drive of the game mabye 1 drop..? after the first and second drive haha.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles012
Yes, there great sliders your set and realistics are the only sets I plan on using there both very fun and exciting. I user catch as well, but like I said most my drops were on the first drive of the game mabye 1 drop..? after the first and second drive haha.
Hmm, not too sure why that is, probably more random then anything. Was it drops because your receivers were getting hit as they were catching it or were they more open and just plan dropped it?

If you would, it would be awesome the next game you play using my sliders to post the stats up again. Well, you don't have to post up all the stats if you don't want to since it can get tiresome but just give me some insight to the game and possibly how many drops there were.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »