Home

mkharsh33 Madden 12 Custom Sliders / Slow Speed

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 Madden 12 Custom Sliders / Slow Speed within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #17
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: mkharsh33 Madden 12 Custom Sliders / Slow Speed

Is it sad that I've had this game since Friday morning but refused to play an entire game until you dropped a slider set mk? Lol, anyway, I will definitely be trying these and providing feedback once this stupid Hurricane Irene decides to leave VA alone.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Once my copy arrives from Toys R Us late next week I will give these and Playmakers the utmost attention. I love both of your approaches to sliders.

Look forward to giving feedback. But more importantly I am jonesing this game!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is a really dumb question but I am trying out these sliders but can't find the auto-sub screen. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
the impressions are appreciated...as stated, these are early (very early) but we'll tweak them as we see more feedback.

my first concern was getting the clock management / plays per game correct which I believe these do quite well.

the pass defense for both sides is what we'll need to look at - and i think our only saving grace on that might be the speed threshold. so we'll keep an eye on that too... thanks, guys!

also, i go into the main settings page and go down to game level (or whatever it's called - don't have my game on right now) and choose "custom" out of all the selections. when you then back out and go to the player skills (for both user and cpu) all the sliders for user will be at 100 and those for cpu will be 50. just change from there.

if i understand correctly, as soon as you start from say, "all pro" (or whatever it's called, for example) as soon as you start changing those individual sliders they then become "custom" anyway... (though someone correct me if i'm wrong).
Yeah it goes to Custom once you start messing with the USER sliders but each skill level has a range. All-Madden is 75 or lower for each USER total category and All-Pro is 150 to 76 for each USER total category. So thats how you know if your sliders are All-Madden or All-Pro sliders..
Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #21
Rookie

dakpak's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimesambo
This is a really dumb question but I am trying out these sliders but can't find the auto-sub screen. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
look under coach options
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Was the scoring all on big plays? You mention blowing coverage. Also I see Moreno had a 54 yard run. This is my bane in next gen. Every TD is a big play....I much prefer both sides to drive the ball more.
Broncos first 2 TDs were on big 50+ yard plays. Then they got a pick six on me for a TD, and a fumble for a TD (they really schooled the hell out of me come to think of it)

One of my scores came on a blown coverage pass to Terrell Owens (he got wide open all alone). Otherwise, besides those TDs, I drove the field and fought for all my TDs. Felt good. Broncos drove the field for 1 or 2? Hard to remember now. Like I said, the sliders felt pretty good once the game calmed down from the big play craziness in the first 3 minutes.

Blown coverage, I think half of it was my fault. I was using GameFlow, and some of the defensive plays it picked for me were mindboggling. On a 3rd and short, it called the weirdest looking zone I've ever seen. And before I could audible out of it, they already snapped the ball. That's one where they lit me up for a TD I think.

And mainly the blown coverage seemed to come from zone plays. Like when a WR was leaving a zone into another, my guy would just sit there in his zone and not bother to cover his side of the field most of the time. Got lit up with out-routes. Safeties looked clueless at times. Man coverage seemed to play pretty well though. Basically what I'm saying is HUM Pass D reaction time may need to be looked at/bumped up.

As far as Special Teams, FG Power may need to be boosted back up. As I played with the Raiders, I kicked a 65 yarder with Janikowski, and he came about 15 yards short. I'm assuming Jani has the strongest leg in the game, so it may need to go to 45 to represent true leg strength.

Also with Jani, I was only kicking the kickoffs to about 2 yards deep into the end zone. The CPU only ran about 2 kicks out. Otherwise they kneeled. But, once again, Jani has the strongest leg in the game, so he should probably be kicking these out of the endzone with the new rule. Maybe try Kickoff Power at 55 or 60.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #23
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier

As far as Special Teams, FG Power may need to be boosted back up. As I played with the Raiders, I kicked a 65 yarder with Janikowski, and he came about 15 yards short. I'm assuming Jani has the strongest leg in the game, so it may need to go to 45 to represent true leg strength.

Also with Jani, I was only kicking the kickoffs to about 2 yards deep into the end zone. The CPU only ran about 2 kicks out. Otherwise they kneeled. But, once again, Jani has the strongest leg in the game, so he should probably be kicking these out of the endzone with the new rule. Maybe try Kickoff Power at 55 or 60.
Yes, I agree with ST sliders, I am testing these:

FG pow - 45
FG acc - 45
Punt Pow - 50
Punt acc - 50
Kick - 55

I have not seen any issues with punting game, not sure why you adjusted so much, unless you are just trying to get more returns?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

you know the accl clock is changed and instead of winding down 25secs it winds down to 25 secs so i have that on 10 and play on 15 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »