Home

Madden 25 Slider skill level

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Slider skill level within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 25 Slider skill level

Does anyone know the magic formula for being at a certain skill level when changing the sliders? I can tell what skill level I'm at by how fast the kick meter is going, but I can't figure out what I have to limit the sliders to in order to keep it at that level. I messed around a bit with them trying to see if each section had to be under a certain amount of points or if it was a total points in all the sections, but none of that worked. I wonder if each slider is weighted and you have to keep the total under a certain number with the weight of each slider factored in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 25 Slider skill level

So M25 is staying with the points thing?

*sigh* Wish they'd just go the route The Show (and older Maddens) did and just let you set the level and it's independent of the actual sliders.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, but it's not a total points number, or even a total points in a certain category max. I've tried different things to see what would keep it at the all madden setting, I've zeroed out all the sliders and maxed out the 3 passing sliders and it was still at all madden so that would mean the total points in each category doesn't matter and I had 300 points total, but I've had less than 300 total points in different categories and have had it drop down to the all pro skill level. My only guess is that each slider or category is weighted, but who knows.

I guess I'll change the sliders I want, and test the kick meter to see if I'm still in all madden. The way I test the kick meter is I time it with a stop watch. If I time how long it takes the kick meter to go all the way up and all the way back down, it takes about .75 seconds on all madden, .95 seconds on all pro, 1.25 seconds on pro and 1.75 seconds on rookie.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo1980
Does anyone know the magic formula for being at a certain skill level when changing the sliders? I can tell what skill level I'm at by how fast the kick meter is going, but I can't figure out what I have to limit the sliders to in order to keep it at that level. I messed around a bit with them trying to see if each section had to be under a certain amount of points or if it was a total points in all the sections, but none of that worked. I wonder if each slider is weighted and you have to keep the total under a certain number with the weight of each slider factored in?
As a Madden 12 player using sliders, I found that leaving the cpu sliders alone, while dropping my user sliders to 300 total points gave me an All-Madden experience, without the ridiculous a.i. cheating. However, Madden 25 is a whole new ball game with regards to sliders. Instead of having 12 individual settings to adjust, we now have only 9. Try leaving the cpu sliders alone while giving yourself a total of 225 points. Let us know how that works out.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Banned

yea we ran a good league in madden 13 with sliders and it helped a lot on stopping BS. I hope Madden 25 works pretty good out the box so that only minor tweaks are needed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Rookie

When I was testing the player sliders, I left the CPU sliders at default. The CPU sliders have no affect on the skill level. The 225 point total doesn't work this year, you can have over 225 points and still be at all madden. I tried using 226 points and with that amount, I have been at all madden or all pro depending where I had the points allocated. I think the sliders might be weighted.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Wow, I hope not...

Weighted...ugh.

They just can't give us a straight forward system can they?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo1980
When I was testing the player sliders, I left the CPU sliders at default. The CPU sliders have no affect on the skill level. The 225 point total doesn't work this year, you can have over 225 points and still be at all madden. I tried using 226 points and with that amount, I have been at all madden or all pro depending where I had the points allocated. I think the sliders might be weighted.
Andy thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. If we are left with only 9 slider options during the final retail build, I also strongly suspect that the sliders will be weighted also, as you suggest. I betcha the lone "tackling slider" will count 3 times every increment of one.

I always hated messing with the cpu slider side. I simply just dropped my user settings and got great results. For instance, if you drop your pass reaction time, you will notice the cpu QB accuracy improve. If you turn down your ability to pick off the cpu, you will notice less dropped passes from their receivers; etc; ;etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »