Home

What people don't understand about the EA/NFL LICENSE...

This is a discussion on What people don't understand about the EA/NFL LICENSE... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
What people don't understand about the EA/NFL LICENSE...

People don't understandbig this will impact EA's NFL games from now on. We get to have the player faces,Players own voices,Coaches,Playbooks,Stadium chants,Uniforms,Player celebrations,ETC....

You name it EA can put it in from now on.1 year ago at MaddenMania I believe Steph posted a thread asking everyone to list their teams player specific celebrations. He said that it wasn't going to be incorporated in Madden 2006 for PS2/Xbox but for future releases. Now I see that EA is actually using the license we will get more features directly from the NFL.

We have it good on the internet. People that don't use the PC never know what we know and we still complain when Warrick Dunns mustache isnt the correct color. We really get the inside access to the new info whether it be pictures,videos, or Q&A's from the actual producer. EA goes to different fansites to see what Ideas they can use for upcomming releases of the game.5 years ago this wasn't going on.All in All I think everyone is underrating this whole EA/NFL EXCLUSIVE LICENSE DEAL.

WE AINT SEEN NUTTIN YET.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What people don't understand about the EA/NFL LICENSE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
People don't understandbig this will impact EA's NFL games from now on. We get to have the player faces,Players own voices,Coaches,Playbooks,Stadium chants,Uniforms,Player celebrations,ETC....

You name it EA can put it in from now on.1 year ago at MaddenMania I believe Steph posted a thread asking everyone to list their teams player specific celebrations. He said that it wasn't going to be incorporated in Madden 2006 for PS2/Xbox but for future releases. Now I see that EA is actually using the license we will get more features directly from the NFL.

We have it good on the internet. People that don't use the PC never know what we know and we still complain when Warrick Dunns mustache isnt the correct color. We really get the inside access to the new info whether it be pictures,videos, or Q&A's from the actual producer. EA goes to different fansites to see what Ideas they can use for upcomming releases of the game.5 years ago this wasn't going on.All in All I think everyone is underrating this whole EA/NFL EXCLUSIVE LICENSE DEAL.

Believe me we have seen it all since 2001 because it's esentially the same game...360 might add some tweaks but it will remain the same for that system as well until we get the next great system....The deal has alowed ea to use nfl music while scanning the menu..o.k
Old 09-29-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
The deal has alowed ea to use nfl music while scanning the menu..o.k
???..Madden 2006 on PS2/XBOX...With the NFL deal EA could actually look at all the game field from each team and put the plays in the game.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Believe me we have seen it all since 2001 because it's esentially the same game...
No its not...

Man Madden 2004 didn't even have momentum in the game. That changed the game greatly adding momentum.Go play 2004 and play 2006 and I bet in 2004 you will see how unrealistic the running was.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
No its not...

Man Madden 2004 didn't even have momentum in the game. That changed the game greatly adding momentum.Go play 2004 and play 2006 and I bet in 2004 you will see how unrealistic the running was.

Didn't Madden 2002 have momentum? I could have swore it did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
The deal has alowed ea to use nfl music while scanning the menu..o.k
Even that is not a real big deal as I did last last year by importing that same music onto the xbox and guess what?.........it played it while you were scanning the menus. I too hope that they have other uses planned for this license.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

Faces, playbooks, coaches, and uniforms were already in games since we can remember. What doesn't make sense from your post is the other items you list. Since when were 'stadium chants and player celebrations' under a license? You can't license that!

Another misguided wishful thinking soul.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Faces, playbooks, coaches, and uniforms were already in games since we can remember. What doesn't make sense from your post is the other items you list. Since when were 'stadium chants and player celebrations' under a license? You can't license that!

Another misguided wishful thinking soul.
Same reason they are incorporating specific player voices....Does the nfl own that?

The Speakers blast "GO PACK GO"...thats part of the deal also....we will see.

Im not a person that thinks negative all the time.I tend to think postive on the many posibilities that EA can do with this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »