Home

New Presentation - Starting Line-ups

This is a discussion on New Presentation - Starting Line-ups within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
New Presentation - Starting Line-ups

I haven't seen a thread about this and my search yielded nothing, so forgive me if it's been mentioned.

In every game on TV, at some point early in the game, they will show a picture of the QB, and some stats, then they will show the entire offensive live with pictures, then the receivers and backs with pictures. Often they don't have time for all three sets during a huddle, so they'll wait for the play to finish, then bring up the last set.

Then they'll do the defensive line, linebackers, and secondary, same as the offense, in the three different photo sets.

Seems like a pretty small thing, but it would add quite a bit to the presentation.

They could even highlight a key player during the presentation, as the season goes on. Like if Haynesworth is leading the league with 9 sacks in week 7, just highlight his picture, and have a caption underneath that says 'Leads NFL in Sacks' or something like that.

Just a thought.

Opinions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: New Presentation - Starting Line-ups

I'd love something like that. Show who the rookie's are or Pro Bowlers. Maybe highlight one guy who is doing very poorly or really amazing.

This would be amazing
Old 06-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
I'd love something like that. Show who the rookie's are or Pro Bowlers. Maybe highlight one guy who is doing very poorly or really amazing.

This would be amazing
Yeah, have the rookies highlighted at the beginning of the year, or key additions to the team in the off season, or newly acquired players. I would really like to see that kinda thing.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

There was a very bare-bones version of something resembling this in 09, so I'm hoping a tuned-up version of it will surface in 10 that includes, among other things, what Canadeion already mentioned.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I remember that game Peyton Manning endorsed when the xbox first came out showed the rosters...it was great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

I would love to have this, i wanna see more than just the 3 or 4 key players on each team. On real tv broadcasts they show the entire starting lineups for each team.
I think the perfect time they could show this would be before the kickoff, because it would prolly get in the way and be annoying if they tried to do it between plays like they do on tv.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
I would love to have this, i wanna see more than just the 3 or 4 key players on each team. On real tv broadcasts they show the entire starting lineups for each team.
I think the perfect time they could show this would be before the kickoff, because it would prolly get in the way and be annoying if they tried to do it between plays like they do on tv.
I just think it would add to the realism of the game to have it where it normally is during a broadcast. I think doing it at the start of the game would be awkward to me.

It could also be one of those things where if you find it annoying and don't want to see it, press a button and it can be skipped.

I guess maybe I'm just one of the few who wants to see a Madden game be like watching a game on TV, but with full control.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
I just think it would add to the realism of the game to have it where it normally is during a broadcast. I think doing it at the start of the game would be awkward to me.

It could also be one of those things where if you find it annoying and don't want to see it, press a button and it can be skipped.

I guess maybe I'm just one of the few who wants to see a Madden game be like watching a game on TV, but with full control.
Yeah i feel you but look at how Live does it, i think if Madden could do it like that i would be a happy camper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »