Home

what is accelerrated clock precisely, for a noob

This is a discussion on what is accelerrated clock precisely, for a noob within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
what is accelerrated clock precisely, for a noob

been playign madden for years and i have a vague understanding of what it means. But just for understanding if i put o na 15 minute game and accellerated clock of 20 seconds does that means theres only only 3 seconds per minute equaling a 45 second game? im very confused
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: what is accelerrated clock precisely, for a noob

It causes the play clock to run down since on madden it takes less time to pick plays than in the real world thus causing a realistic snap with the play clock under 10 seconds.

The whole point to using this is to lengthen the quarters causing more realistic stats and a more realistic game overall.

7 minute quarters with accelrated clock should provide pretty realistic results.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
It causes the play clock to run down since on madden it takes less time to pick plays than in the real world thus causing a realistic snap with the play clock under 10 seconds.

The whole point to using this is to lengthen the quarters causing more realistic stats and a more realistic game overall.

7 minute quarters with accelrated clock should provide pretty realistic results.

Exactly.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

I beg to differ. I consider "realistic" to be 120-125 plays per game...I don't see how you'd reach that total with 7 minutes quarters much less 7 minute quarters with the accelerated clock.

I'm thinking 15 minutes with either :20 or :25 acceleration along with bumped up offensive penalty sliders may do the trick.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 08-02-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
No
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I beg to differ. I consider "realistic" to be 120-125 plays per game...I don't see how you'd reach that total with 7 minutes quarters much less 7 minute quarters with the accelerated clock.

I'm thinking 15 minutes with either :20 or :25 acceleration along with bumped up offensive penalty sliders may do the trick.

Exactly what I am going to be doing.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

Accelerated Clock is the single best feature if you follow time of possession in football (which is a big part of real football.....please read this NCAA team!).

It basically allows you to play full 15 minute quarters while have the play clock run off time after you pick your play speeding up the time that in real life players are running onto the field, the qb is makign the call in the huddle.

If you don't know what it is and like the game I wouldn't worry about it. But for us simheads it is a very very very important feature. Again I hope the NCAA crew reads this.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

On a podcast I heard recently they explained that 7 min Quarters and the excelerated clock would give you accurate stats.

My D follows your QB like twitter!!
XBOX LIVE GMR TAGs
BAD NEWZ BEARS
DONOVANGIAN

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »