Home

how do you run a 2 halfback system effectively in madden

This is a discussion on how do you run a 2 halfback system effectively in madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
how do you run a 2 halfback system effectively in madden

im curious on how to do this because i really want to try this in madden 10. how do you guys run a 2 running back system effectively in madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: how do you run a 2 halfback system effectively in madden

In Madden 2 back systems aren't what they are in the NFL. There are plenty of teams that have two similar backs that keep each other fresh. But because Madden has never had a effective fatigue system there is never a need to take your #1 back out and put your backup in.

The best way to run this system in madden is to make your backs situational. By that I mean instead of getting two all aorund backs get two differing backs and utilize their hightened skills on plays that work to their strengths. For example instead of running a system like they had in the bears SB season (Jones and Benson) with two similar guys run a system like the Titans run. Have a quick elusive back run sweeps, draws, tosses, stretches, screens, swing passes, and misdirections. Have your power/goaline back run dives, slams, power plays, and give him the short yardage stuff. Things like off tackle plays, blasts, outside zone plays, ect can be mixed in with both backs.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

This is more of a situational thing. The fatigue seems to work this year so that will be one reason. However, as a Giants fan, the Giants will use Jacobs and (as of now) Bradshaw in different situations. Jacobs is a between the tackles runner and is not as effective when trying to run outside. You wouldn't call many sweeps with Jacobs. Bradshaw is much more of a slash back with great agility and quickness. He would be better suited for things like screens, stretch plays and sweeps. I do it by substituting them in on the fly. Does Madden allow you to set your substitutions for your formations ahead of time and save them like APF does?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

i think they allow formation subs i really hope they do inseatd of just subbing dem out 4 a play
Old 08-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
i think they allow formation subs i really hope they do inseatd of just subbing dem out 4 a play
They allow formation subs. This is what I've been doing in the demo. I put Mendenhall in for all Singleback and Goalline plays and let Parker or Moore (3rd down back) do the rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Well just like in real life..pound the ball with a big RB down the field..sub in the speedy back when everyone else is fatigued and bring it in easily. Or you can pound the ball for 2 or 3 quarters with a big RB and then sub in the small speedy RB.(FOR MADDEN 10)..in Madden 09 just keep in your 99 OVR HB..
Old 08-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

For some reason, running back fatigue has pretty much never existed in Madden, so unless they changed something this year (it certainly didn't look like it in the demo), there's no need to use a 2-back system aside from the type of running you want to do (inside vs. outside).
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

well since fatigue works great this year based on the 5 min demo, the 2 back systems should work very well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »