Home

QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

This is a discussion on QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Also, just in case some people missed this: http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...-position.aspx

Scroll down a bit to "New QB Ratings." There's a section on the QB accuracy algorithm.
I had not seen that blog. Some of the stuff I am seeing is starting to make sense now. The only thing is it seems this system goes through some extremes, especially when you try and lead a pass.

What gets you upset is you can make 5 throws to a certain route the same way with the same QB then all of a sudden on one throw its just WAY off.

I dont know. We will see how it all plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #82
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I had not seen that blog. Some of the stuff I am seeing is starting to make sense now. The only thing is it seems this system goes through some extremes, especially when you try and lead a pass.

What gets you upset is you can make 5 throws to a certain route the same way with the same QB then all of a sudden on one throw its just WAY off.

I dont know. We will see how it all plays out.
Try not leading the pass so much and just let the QB do his thing. I have been having a lot more success without leading maybe this is why I am not seeing the bad throws to the extent that you are seeing them. Maybe you only need to lead passes in this years game with really bad QBs?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Try not leading the pass so much and just let the QB do his thing. I have been having a lot more success without leading maybe this is why I am not seeing the bad throws to the extent that you are seeing them. Maybe you only need to lead passes in this years game with really bad QBs?
The thing is, on some throws where you are trying to get air on the ball to get over the LB's, you have no choice but to use the lead pass. Else the LB's just leap up and deflect the ball.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
also keep in mind he's playing in a snowstorm with 15-20 mph winds
So the wind really has an impact on the passing game this year ? Thats great, not just the kicking game anymore. I thought i read this but wasn't sure , great! And Eli's rating should go way down in the wind, he can't throw for crap in the wind. (see last year's playoff vs Philly)
Old 08-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 12

People are just upset they can''t complete 85% of there passes anymore. Btw if your overthrowing the receiver your probably leading them too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
Thats true

if you look at the rating of roeth and warner they have very good passing accuracy ratings but are off target more than a little bit.

and its extremely urking to throw a pass with lead and it be on the dime then the next time you throw it the shts sails 15 yards over the wrs head.

Like i said in my thread....im ok with inaccuracy, it happens but this sht seems to just be on some type of random **** in the CPU that says "O Fk it, its warners 6th pass, time for him to mis-fire by 12.4 yards" WTF kinds sht is that
Thats called "real life". :-) It's not going to randomly throw a bad pass because it's his 6th pass. It's stochastic -- You might throw 20 consecutive perfect passes, or you might totally flub your 6th one, or you might throw 10 bad ones in a row. That's exactly the sort of thing that happens to real QBs.

Or put another way -- Alex Smith and Peyton Manning both throw great passes, and they both throw lame ducks. Now let em throw 100 passes and the distribution of great passes to terrible ones will look different, sure. But being a top QB doesn't prevent Manning from throwing some real stinkers or Smith from throwing a perfect strike. It's just the likelihood that changes.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #87
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Haven't read every post to a tee, but it seems some people are upset b/c they're seeing off-the-mark passes? After Madden 09, I'd think everyone would be thrilled to see some incompletes.

P.S. I'm finding success in the passing game in both demos on all-pro settings. By no means am I the messiah of passing the ball in Madden, but with patience and calling good plays, I've had mucho success. Just yesterday, I believe I was 6/7 with Romo mixing in short, mainly intermediate, and a deep ball.
+1

I can't believe what is getting posted in this thread

its all those years of completing rockets off your back foot guys--haha

sim.......be careful what you wish for

maybe its the difficulty setting your guys are on...ramp it down if it bothers you
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #88
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
Thats true

if you look at the rating of roeth and warner they have very good passing accuracy ratings but are off target more than a little bit.

and its extremely urking to throw a pass with lead and it be on the dime then the next time you throw it the shts sails 15 yards over the wrs head.

Like i said in my thread....im ok with inaccuracy, it happens but this sht seems to just be on some type of random **** in the CPU that says "O Fk it, its warners 6th pass, time for him to mis-fire by 12.4 yards" WTF kinds sht is that
Ok, Money, look we get what you are saying, but there was a post that was posted yesterday(might even be in this thread) that Ian stated earlier that accuracy numbers are not the numbers this year to determine how accurate a QB is. Accuracy is more tied into short, medium and long passes this year.

As someone suggested, why use the lead pass? I've never used it, even with the LB's and DB's being super human.

Now, that is toned down this year.

Last edited by roadman; 08-06-2009 at 09:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »