Home

QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

This is a discussion on QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #25

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Randle El needs a huge overhaul. He doesn't need to make a youtube video to show he is accurate. Watch some Redskin games and some Steeler games and you'll see he can throw.
I realize that the ratings got a huge overhual this year but, since the wildcat is in this year this may be the best way to keep alot of cheese plays from happening don't ya think? I'd like to see how a running back throws the ball around with 55 or 60 mid range accuracy.

That could open the gates to alot of cheese plays because, you would always have to look for the run knowing that the running back can throw like a QB consistantly because its in his ratings. I agree though his ratings in that area could come up quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #26
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

For everyone who hasn't read past threads or paid close attention, the overall accuracy rating is used for sim games. I don't think it is tied to any code. Also, as has been repeated, the game was played in a snow storm. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised that all the arcade gamers are unhappy with realistic accuracy. Madden 10 is worlds better than past games like NCAA 05 and 06 where QBs were cluelessly inaccurate with sliders maxed in accuracy, but those games were better than any NCAA or Madden sim wise on next gen until now. How is the game supposed to get more realistic when people endlessly complain about significant improvement? All you "skill stick jockeys" out there can max the accuracy slider if you want when the game comes out, but please stop trying to stall progress!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Overall accuracy doesn't matter anymore - short, medium, deep, and throw on the run are the numbers you should care about.

Tony's career completion percent is 63.6%. What are you seeing in the demo?
why do u keep old ratings (like the aforementioned overall accuracy) when they dont do anything?

i try not to complain about these things too much, but it just gets really confusing when u create players etc.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ace
If any of you have played the demo with Tony Romo then you'll know that he has some really wacky passes that come nowhere near the receiver, especially when throwing over 20 yards.

Romo may be a choker and a bit erratic, but he's one of the more accurate passers in the game.

I went to double check his accuracy ratings and compared them to Kurt Warner's since that is who I play with in the extended demo.

Anyway, I was looking at the QB accuracy ratings and they don't make a lot of sense to me.

For example, Romo has a 91 overall accuracy yet his highest individual accuracy rating is an 88 I believe, while his lowest (deep ball) is a 79 I think.

Kurt Warner has an accuracy rating of 88 but yet he's in the 90's in the short and mid ratings and in the 80's in the long ball.

How can Romo have a higher overall accuracy rating by 3 points over Warner but yet is about 5 points less in the short and mid ratings and so low in the deep ball ratings?

Can someone explain to me how this makes any sense?
i have a thread on this same topic

I got bashed for it though

the qbs are throwing passes very sporadically
Old 08-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Overall accuracy doesn't matter anymore - short, medium, deep, and throw on the run are the numbers you should care about.

Tony's career completion percent is 63.6%. What are you seeing in the demo?
Ian ill tell you what im seeing in the demos

I made a thread about qb acc as well

It seems like the qbs just randomly make sporadic throws, while i was playing the dal ny demo today i threw a sideline streak to ramses barden he was on the 20 yrd line going to the endzone and on a 15 yard pattern eli threw it to the back of the endzone?? he overthrew it by 20-30 yards!!! im seeing this in both demos very consistently
Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #30
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
i have a thread on this same topic

I got bashed for it though

the qbs are throwing passes very sporadically
forreal very sporadically espcially lob passes they seem way off. like 5 yards or 8 yards off.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #31
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Wait till u play a game in fair weather in the retail version....... THEN complain if the accuracy is still way off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
sorry, i didnt read your whole post. but i think the more ratings the better, unless they mean nothing. awareness = play recognition on defense. but i think the more ratings will help each player feel even more unique.

off the wall -- but imagine like a WR would be broken down (spectacular catch and possession catch) and possession catches could be like chest catches and spectacular catches can be hand catches...

that was a weird idea off the top of my head, but itll help players in their franchise create more of an identity for themselves
I wasn't saying the ratings shouldn't be there -- It's just tough keeping track of 32 rosters of 45 players with 50+ ratings... So it'd be nice to also have a summary that's more specific than overall to give you a feel for players you aren't familiar with. Something along the lines of "Devin Hester is one of the best return men in football and has tremendous speed at WR but has trouble holding on to the ball" or whatnot. Obviously you already know about Devin Hester, but what about the #2 receiver on the Texans? Fast, slow, does he catch passes underneath while Andre stretches the field? How would he fit on YOUR team if you were to trade for him? I just think it'd be nice to have something that tells you what the is good/bad at without being drowned by superfluous stats like throw power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »