Home

QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat)

This is a discussion on QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #105
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: QB Vision Cone - Bring it back (with a caveat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive

When you throw QB vision into the equation, its just more buttons to push while your dropping back to pass, which to me isn't sim at all. Me dropping back holding down L2 switching my vision around the field with the buttons only to let go of L2 and press another button just to launch it down the field during a blitz isn't real at all.
I just wanted to touch on something you mentioned here. You say that you dont want to hold down R2 to scan the field, then to have to let it go and press another button.

I'm not sure if you used the vision cone in the past, but you didn't have to let the button go. All you had to do was hold down R2 then press the button of the wr, then press that same button again to throw the ball. All while holding down the R2 button.

Once you do it a few times it becomes very easy to execute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Seems to me the people in this thread who do not like/want the Vision Cone back either a) had no idea what it actually did in previous maddens b) didn't know how to correctly or more easily use it c) do not like a yellow shading over the field.

The vision cone was finally a great sim aspect that EA added to Madden on their own. It was innovative and IMO it represented real NFL QB play. You had to scan the field with your QB if you wanted to throw the best throw you could make. You could look off defenders, you could make safeties cheat, you could pump to an actual player, bad AWR QBs needed to be more precise with their vision whereas Peyton could see the entire field and make an accurate throw at pretty much any time. That is the best way to replicate what the QB does after he hikes the ball.

I don't know why they removed this as even an option because, to be honest, it couldn't have been that much code or taken up that much space on a game disc. Of course, EA has also removed plenty of other features and I had no idea why they removed them until I saw them touted as NEW FEATURES 4 years later. So there is still some hope.
Well said, and it is so obvious that this feature needs to comeback and just made an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #106
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Are you saying you can throw a ball to a teammate just the same, regardless if you are looking at him or not? That just doesn't make sense. It is much easier to throw to a guy you are looking at than otherwise.
I clearly say the idea of throwing to WR's you cant see is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Here is a question for you:

Would you rather incomplete bad passes (overthrows, short hops, behind the receiver) be random, or would you rather there be a reason? I like that I had a direct part in the calculation. If I was on the money, the pass would always be good. If I threw to a guy outside of my cone, the pass had a risk of being off target.

What is bad about that?
The cone fails because no QB throws to a WR/or area of the field they cant see. Which not only makes the cone pointless it makes the current way the most unrealistic way of doing thing. Is the cone better than the current way IMO yes. Is it the right way no.

I want a system that forces a QB to have to look at his target and/or target area. And the cone doesnt do that. Now a double tap system would force you to look at your target or you wouldnt be able to release the ball at all like it is IRL.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 14

I would like it if they included it in future madden's but with a different approach. Instead of using the stick to move the vision cone use the receiver buttons one click moves the cone to that receiver and another click throws the ball.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 16

What I like most about the cone is I can see the wide receivers better. I wish there was at least they came back with the camera views so I can pan the field instead of just looking straight down field and using peripheral vision to focus on what my wide out is doing. I can't even see what the wideouts are doing until it's too late. Yes I have tryed wide cam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »