Home

sliders - priority?

This is a discussion on sliders - priority? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: sliders - priority?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegthaplaya
These sliders determine the type of players teams will try to get via draft and free agency. It also determines the value of players you try to trade them (like if for some reason the colts have center priority maxed and qb priority empty then you could essentially trade a great center for peyton manning + draft picks). The higher the priority, the more they value the position basically.

It has nothing to do with on field preformance, outside of the fact that if its set to scrambling for qbs then they will scramble more because the team will have scrambling qbs on their roster.

Although, if it is set to scrambling they might grab a good ballanced qb if the only scrambling options out there arent very good.
Have you done any testing to verify this? I've seen a variety of opinions on these forums regarding what the positional priority sliders actually affect. Some people seem to think they impact game play as well. For instance if you set OL priority to 0 and set DT priority to 100, the DT's would be tossing the OL around all game. I always assumed they only affect trades, free agency, and drafting. I see sliders settings on these forums all the time for positions priority but nobody ever explains why they set them the way they did. Very confusing. You can drive yourself crazy with all these sliders. I wish the game would just play the way it should out of the box. Sometimes I think the developers intentionally do this just to mess with us.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Check this thread out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-schemes.html

KB, dfos, Tarantism, and many others have made some great strides in figuring out how the coaching scheme sliders, including player priority, work and what they do in franchise mode. It's a long thread but definitely worth it to check into.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #11
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Imo it affects how the cpu manages players on and off the field. We've seen some good results w/ lowering the priority.

Ex. DT's cant suck you into a sack from so far away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I read most of the thread and it is headache. No offense but no one figures anything out. I've settled on the following for accurate sim stats.

Out of the box settings... And in coaching scheme

40-60 range for for run pass offense teams broncos being only team at 30
30-60 range for offensive aggression
Qbs OLs and Ks at 100 everyone else at 0
Every defense 50 50 run pass
Most at 0 aggression a few good defenses at 10
All def priorities at 0
All styles 1 except fbs at 0
Qbs depend could be 0 1 or 2
TEs mostly 1 a few 2s
Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Imo it affects how the cpu manages players on and off the field. We've seen some good results w/ lowering the priority.

Ex. DT's cant suck you into a sack from so far away.
this is exatly what i was having happen with my 94+ speed and acc qb till i lowered dt and de priority

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »