Home

Comeback AI, engage!

This is a discussion on Comeback AI, engage! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Comeback AI, engage!

Matt Ryan was having a rotten day in the Steelers-Falcons game. He threw for over 100 yards and a TD, but was completing less than 30% of his passes.

Thanks to a good running game, receivers that can make yards after the catch, and a defense that didn't let anyone get very far, I was still able to get a 13-0 lead going into the 4th quarter.

Then the comeback AI kicks in, getting a touchdown, an INT that lead to a TD, and an INT to kill my final chance, to win the game 14-13. That took the spotlight off of Gonzales' 55 yard scamper, has me starting the season 0-1, and Matt Ryan ending with 3 INT. We're also last in total offense, but have a top 10 Defense

And it also showed that I can play on the All-Pro level now and still at least have a shot (earlier games had me stuck between Pro and All-Pro)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Comeback AI, engage!

Wow. All pro and no sliders? You should be happy u lost. The game will get much eaiser
Old 10-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
The game will get much easier
This. As you gain experience it will. That wasn't come back AI, that was you still learning the rope. I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy the game.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not a great Madden player, and I used Superstar mode more than the Franchise mode in the last gen Madden games. But I have gotten better being more patient in the pocket and making good throws (though there is the occasional boneheaded pass).

However, I'm more of a run first player, and mix in Play action and draws here and there. I'm hoping Sims-Walker (who I traded a 3rd round pick for in the preseason) will play to his potential and help complement Gonzales and White. Right now he only has 1 dropped pass.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Until I see and hear otherwise, play action just doesn't work that well in Madden 11, sadly. you can get some plays, but the blocking is pretty bad, even after the patch, to the point that I avoid calling PA against the computer. On the other hand, the draw FINALLY works really well. The screen, sadly, doesn't work nearly as well as it used to in Madden 08 and 09, but it isn't bad like it was in M10.

If you call a balanced game, find ways to convert on 3rd down, and play solid defense, you should have the edge every game. One difference between madden and real life football, is that teams/players don't make very many "stupid mental mistakes." As long as you, the user, can keep your head and learn from mistakes, you'll not only keep up with the computer, but you will get to a point where All-Pro is too easy for you. it just takes some time, you'll see. If you have question,s just ask. At least some of us are here not hep. not everyone at OS is here to hate on Madden, though sometimes it doesn't feel like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Playaction works fine for me after I establish the run...not just running, but good gains. Its tuff when they blitz, just got to keep extra ppl in to block sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »