Home

Ratings Question..

This is a discussion on Ratings Question.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Ratings Question..

What the heck is---
Trucking, Elusiveness,BC Vision,Impact Blocking,Power Moves,Finessse Moves, Pursuit,Hit Power, Press and Play Recognition-(Awarness??)
and which players do they relate to??
I want to make the game as real as I can, Ex: the 85 Bears Blitzed EVERY Play and I want to redo the Caplords Rosters to make their 85 Bears Play like that..

Thanks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Ratings Question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53
What the heck is---
Trucking, Elusiveness,BC Vision,Impact Blocking,Power Moves,Finessse Moves, Pursuit,Hit Power, Press and Play Recognition-(Awarness??)
I want to make the game as real as I can, Ex: the 85 Bears Blitzed EVERY Play and I want to redo the Caplords Rosters to make their 85 Bears Play like that..

Thanks....
trucking is for rb's,wr's elusivness rb's wr's bc vision rb's,impact blocking oline,fb,power moves dline,oline,finesse moves rb's,wr's, pursuit cb,lb,dline,safetys,hit power lb,cb,safety,dline,press and play cb,safety's
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGuy53
What the heck is---

Thanks....
SportsGuy,

Trucking is typically though as a rating for a big power back ie Brandon Jacobs, Michael Turner etc. They literally will RUN defenders over when they come into contact. These HB's typically fall FORWARD when making contact. (HB's)

Elusiveness is a rating use for quicker more agile backs IE Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles etc. They will SLIP out of tackles and look to juke & jive away from pressure. (HB's and WR's)

BC Vision is soley a CPU rating. It is when a player has the ball in there hands. Its how the CPU ball carrier sees holes and runnings lanes. (HB's)

Impact Blocking is a rating for players making BIG TIME blocks - laying a pancake when it matters most. They may not be sound and make blocks all the time but they have shown the ability in the past to make the GAME BREAKING block! (offensive linemen, TE, and fullbacks)

Power Move is a pure bull rush by a defensive player looking to attack the QB. Think of a player like Ngata (DT from the Ravens) he doesnt use speed or quickness to get after the QB he pushes the offensive line back into the face of the QB (important for defensive linemen and linebackers)

Finnesse Move - Think Dwight Freeny and Rober Mathis. They use speed off the edge and quick cuts to get after the QB. Mix your Dline with finnesse players on the edge and power plays in the middle! (important for defensive linemen and linebackers)

Pursuit - this is how well your CPU defenders take ANGLES toward the ball carrier. Sometimes they take the pythgron thereom (shortest distance between 2 points) and sometimes they may go rogue. High pursuit ratings is IMPORTANT! (all defenders)

Hit Power - this might be my favorite rating on the defensive side of the ball. This is how hard a player will hit there opponent. This rating causes the most fumbles when used correctly. (linebackers and safeties)

Press - this rating is for how well your cornerbacks will play bump n run off the line of scrimmage. the higher hte better - ie charles woodson. (corner backs)

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Thank You Both!!!!!!!
I really want to redo the Caplords teams as I said before..
I will redo the 85 Bears and cant wait to see how they charge after I put a rating of 99 on the lineman and Linebackers.. THATS the 85 Bears or the 00 Ravens..
Oh ,, I have Madden 10 PS3.. I am a CPU vs CPU guy and wonder,, is it worth getting madden11?
Are all the fields still the same? or Does the Dome fields look like they should--turf? I cant tell from the videos tho the players seem to run more smooth, like they do in real life not like in 10 where they seem to run like robots..

Thanks again!

Last edited by SportsGuy53; 03-19-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
trucking is for rb's,wr's elusivness rb's wr's bc vision rb's,impact blocking oline,fb,power moves dline,oline,finesse moves rb's,wr's, pursuit cb,lb,dline,safetys,hit power lb,cb,safety,dline,press and play cb,safety's
actually if you give a guy like Tim Tebow a high trucking rating he'll use that rating aswell....

it really applies to all players but it benefits the higher rated players the most.

I was messing with it on my NCAA rosters and gave Tommy Frazier a 90+ truck rating and sure enough he tried to run over DB's on option plays

I'm going to try it with my re-created William Fridge Perry and see what happens when he lines up at FB during games

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Smile Re: Ratings Question..

actually if you give a guy like Tim Tebow a high trucking rating he'll use that rating aswell....

yea i remember when 11 came out and the video of tebow breaking threw and trucking over the whole defense for td lmao.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

Also Ball Carrier Vision is not solely a CPU rating, it helps open holes for the runningback when you are controlling him. As for a CPU is helps the CPU run through the open holes.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
Also Ball Carrier Vision is not solely a CPU rating, it helps open holes for the runningback when you are controlling him. As for a CPU is helps the CPU run through the open holes.
I don't think this is right. I do believe the CPU uses this rating only.

Regardless, this is another great example of how EA has forgotten to explain how madden actually works. there is way too much confusion as to how ratings really determine outcomes, etc... this is why people think there is stuff like comeback AI and pre-scripted results.

obviously the manual has been a joke for years, but they should AT LEAST put together a comprehensive guide online to help their customers out.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »