Home

Not sure what to call this....

This is a discussion on Not sure what to call this.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Not sure what to call this....

In old gen madden I could assign guys to specific formations and or special teams. I never liked that Urlacher was covering kicks or stuff like that so I could take him out. Unless I'm missing something you can't do that on next gen. I can't put the guys I want on special teams other than Long snap, kick, punt and return man. No NFL team has their starting O line on the punt team.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Not sure what to call this....

I dont think there is an option for special teams depth chart in this generation of Maddens..Its based on where they fall on the depth chart.

For example on Kick Off - My back-up WR and TE's are on there...and if I promote one to a starter than the former starter is no on Kick off
Old 05-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

This has always bothered me. I don't think we even need a special teams depth chart. We at least need, however, a way to change to formation subs outside of a game. And while they're at it, how about even more options with formations subs? How about instead of just subs based on formation, you could have subs based on down, field position, or quarter. Real NFL teams designate player for very specific situations - whether it be 3rd downs only, special teams, whatever.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Agreed that there should be an option for this on next-gen. I've complained about it a couple of times, because it's extremely annoying if you play with a 3-4 defense. As I wrote a couple of years ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I play franchise with the Ravens and my starting MLB (2nd string according to Madden) is playing on kick-offs, which fatigues him before my defense takes the field and forces him to be subbed out rather quickly. And at the same time my 3rd string MLB (#4 on the depth chart as I'm playing 3-4), who should be playing special teams according to Madden, hasn't appeared on special teams all year long and I'm 15 games into the season.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Formation subs and packages are two of those last-gen features that still haven't made their way to current gen Madden.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 05-26-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree this needs to be added. I extremely hate taking out a starting receiver if I am winning and give a rookie playing time and then that starter is now playing special teams.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #7
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Yes this definitely needs to be added or should I say re-added. Especially for special teams and not to mention that the current gen console version of this feature is done from the play call screen when you select formations. This is horrible for many reasons. First, as we mentioned you can not do it for any special teams formations which is especially bad for pres-eason. So ya I'll take out my starting CB, lets say...oh I don't know Nnamdi Asomugha for the Cowboys(ha! wishful thinking FA). Now he's covering freaking kickoffs and he breaks his arm! Awesome, thanks EA. Secondly, you have to do it before the playclock expires. I usually turn off the playclock and set all my defensive and offensive formation subs at the beginning of the season, which I guess you would call a work around. Which brings me to the third and biggest problem with the "new" formation subs feature. Once you do it you can't change it... or at least you can't re-set it. You used to be able to re-set to default but not now. Once you do it it stays the same for the duration of that franchise. You can however re-adjust it but you have to keep moving guys around. Also, what if you want to take that particular formation and thrown in a quick HB slot during a game? Sorry it's still stuck! Well I'll just re-adjust it.. oh crap the playclock is running out! See what I mean.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »