Home

Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #33
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Screenshots - 18 of Them (IGN)

nike cleats but no nike gloves
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #34
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 18 new screenshots from IGN (ps3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Are all these new traits going to dictate how we evaluate players? Basically being, if I see a DE do I look for pass rush style traits, bull rush/swim/power, or do I look at his ratings and hope he uses them if I'm not told what he prefers? But what if those traits are not visible and I look at a DE who excels in power moves but underneath will never use them and I have no way of knowing?

For me, the best way to receive this information is like what you've said. If I'm looking at a HB, tell me how he carries the ball and if he's prone to fumbling. This is pretty much like a scouting report, which is kind of what that screenshot of Vick looks like it could lead to. I don't think a scouting report would say "throw it away... no... Trigger Happy under pressure," but to me it seems we might get "Under pressure, does not throw away passes but forces the issue." This leads to us scouting the other team prior to a game and knowing that pressuring the QB could be a good thing to do.
I think the previous statements about scouting say definitely yes, this is part of how you scout players and game plan. There a part of the rookie scouting process that can reveal tendencies, and along with rating, you can use thins information to select players that fit your system.

Also, for players in the league or free agents, it seems like these tendencies might visible as a page in the player information screen? That means you can scout opponents before a game to help you game plan. And during the game, these screens look like you can check on what effect the game is having via DPP on a player's tendencies. It looks like, for example, hitting Vick a lot in game could make him "paranoid" in response to pressure, which makes him more reactive and rash than what his default settings say in his basic player information screen.

That's just one example. It looks like you can pause in game and see what effects DPP is having on players in the game, based on events during the game. That means you can not only game plan before the game based on traits and ratings you scout, but you can adjust your gameplan during the game to take advantage of any new opportunities.

So if your pass rush is rattling Cutler, maybe you get after him more to try to force a turnover.

All of this, if it works this way, means game prep and in game adjustments are a lot deeper, and you can do a better job of scouting rookies, trade targets and free agents to fit your system.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I don't care about the fit of the jerseys. I care about my team's jersey color which has been off for IDK how long. They have never had it right, its always closer to the Jags blue! It really needs to have less color, its a midnight green not teal.
The Eagles jersey changes so much depending on the light. Sometimes it looks right sometimes it doesnt. A lot of people still feel that Head Coach 09 and Madden 08 had the best Eagles representation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #36
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdctaylor
To me, Mike Vick's player model looks off. From cleats to upper body attire.

The Madden model Forearms always seem to small to me for some reason. And they lack definition. That's pretty nitpicky tho.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cant wait for this game
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSRusse83
The Eagles jersey changes so much depending on the light. Sometimes it looks right sometimes it doesnt. A lot of people still feel that Head Coach 09 and Madden 08 had the best Eagles representation.
I just think it is too colorful. At least make two of the jerseys if the lighting cant work for the jersey. Make the blueish one and make a midnight green one. I've been waiting and waiting for a nice Eagles green, and I'll have to continue to wait. The only downfall of this game so far.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 AM   #39
Banned

Re: 18 new screenshots from IGN (ps3)

At least his braids are gone (Vick)
Old 06-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #40
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

i can't get over how good this game looks. Praying for great gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »