Home

Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #33
Rookie

Sceptic21's Arena

OVR: 2
YES! Rodgers is a 98. That's higher than I predicted! I was thinking 95, but 98 is great!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

I need someone to help me understand what it is that Ea does to their animations that they dont appear as life like as that other companies football or basketball game.

I mean i see some nice animations, but they dont appear very life-like. I can tell they were motion captured, but Im not sure what it is about them that doesent come across as fluid as they should be?

This is a serious question, with no underlying intent.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #35
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Like its been said b4, madden need more transitional animations. I don't like how rodgers comes up and have his hands ready for the ball and the center hasn't even gotten to the line yet. Takes away from immersion and makes the players look robotic. But Overall I think the cut scenes look great. I'm really feeling the camera work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #36
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Sorely lacking in presentation and replays from the videos I've seen so far. Hopefully the final product is something impressive.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood9585
CORRECTION a 100 rating overall would say TB is the best QB was/is/will be....
So there is only 1 point in difference between elite talent level players? TB can only, for the rest of this coming season, wait no, the rest of his playing career, can only get 1 overall point better? The best any new talent, regardless of position, can ever get, is as good as Tom Brady was...last season? Aaron Rodgers can only grow 2 more points...again...over the course of the rest of his career?

I guess I just don't agree with that formula guy.

If it were up to me, I'd leave the 90's - 100 range open for elite level talents in the game with room to grow for current, never mind future talent (franchise mode for example). Also I'd break that down a bit further by position with the idea being to try and represent the product on the field we see...good players, great players and elite level talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What's funny is you, like many others, think that the overall rating matters. It doesn't. It's all about individual ratings. One of the problems is that EA/Donny will manipulate the individual ratings at times to alter the OVR value.

Also, what's up with 95 throwing power for Tom? I was always under the impression that he was a 92-ish throwing power guy. It's just a few points, but I never got the impression he threw that strong.

Not at all. In a lot of ways, the overall number is really arbitrary and relies way too heavily on awareness in it's final calculation. I'm not trying to sound hung up here and I'm trying to remain hopeful about this year's Madden, little things like over stat'ing players are reminders of some of the issues with past Maddens. This makes me wonder how much really has changed?

P.S. if this Madden is anything like the past ones (and I've been here since the very first Madden), awareness and depending on position strength will be the only numbers to matter. I'm really hoping against hopes it isn't so. I'm really hoping that speed and acc will finally actually mean something in a Madden game. Here's hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I would like the game to more accurately show that Brady is a 99 on the Patriots playing for Bellicheck. Head Coach did this and I think it would be a great addition for Madden 13.

This way you would need to sign and draft players that fit your schemes and play style and their OVR would rise or fall accordingly.
Yeah, that'd be a pretty kewl idea. Would also open up some more factors in the franchise management aspect of the game, while at the same time letting the folks who just play lobby versus games can have their over stated top players...hehe...I shouldn't be so down on Donnie's ratings.

But really, elite level talent, in this year's game, should be rated at most, no higher than a 95 overall and even that is pushing it. Reason being, where is the room to grow? Even with the in-game dynamic ratings? How many times do we see great and even good NFL players just play lights out for a quarter or a game or even stretch of games (*cough-cough*...this year's cover athlete...*cough-cough*)? Why not use a fairly simple game mechanic...the overall player rating...as a way, other than simple game stats, to display that?

Maybe next year then?

Game play didn't look to horrible. It's still fairly early considering the promised changes and let's see what comes out from E3.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 06-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
i hope we c da 3d grass more than n dis vid cause it look like da old grass
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 AM   #39
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliezfinest
i hope we c da 3d grass more than n dis vid cause it look like da old grass
amazing!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:53 AM   #40
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

I really don't care how Donny rate players now b/c we have full player editing in franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »