Home

Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

This is a discussion on Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #25
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
Waaaa? Thats not a consecutive hit that is two separate animations occurring right after another. Proof? The first guy in the tackle completely slides off when the second animation starts. The third guy just falls over and is not part of any animation what so ever.

This is basically just a very sped up version of what has always happened. 1 guy tackles 5 guys slide off to the ground.

A true consecutive hit would involve all 3 players simultaneously not 1 then 1 then 1.
This video is from the most recent build of madden 12, near final build, but not comepletely final according to EA development team. Anyway at 2:16 this looks like consecutive hit tackling, the first defender brings the defender down and the second one comes and helps take him to the ground, they take him down together.

Make sure to MUTE the audio and watch in 720P Sounds like some arabian nights song or something.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-07-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #26
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've played NCAA a ton, honestly, I haven't seen many if at all. I know you have too, but if you think the bowling pins are as prevalent as years past, you are refusing to admit the truth.

EA improves the bowling pin tackles immensely this year and they still get crucified.
Yes, the tackling is much better in NCAA Football 12 and should be the same in Madden. So far, I haven't heard many people that have actually played Madden complain about tackling issues such as the bowling pin issue.

Also, Madden's tackling has improved with the new collision system and the smaller gang tackles seem to be in favor over Pro-Tak's 9-man gang tackles.

Quote:
There is a lot of things that annoy me about this website and this is two of them.

One, NCAA and MADDEN ARE NOT THE SAME GAME....their are 2 separate teams of people that produce each game and I think we owe them the respect to treat them as such.

2nd, I love how everything becomes bashing almost instantly, any question what so ever is assumed to be bashing even when its a question about a video that EA release. Its not bashing, its simply watching the video and asking a question.

Not all of us care to talk about ratings and helmets.

Madden and NCAA share a central gameplay team. I believe this started last year with Madden 11.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Yes, the tackling is much better in NCAA Football 12 and should be the same in Madden. So far, I haven't heard many people that have actually played Madden complain about tackling issues such as the bowling pin issue.

Also, Madden's tackling has improved with the new collision system and the smaller gang tackles seem to be in favor over Pro-Tak's 9-man gang tackles.

Madden and NCAA share a central gameplay team. I believe this started last year with Madden 11.
If you thing completely removing one aspect of football in favor of another is improvement then I would have to disagree. Again, Pile ups happen, its not a one or the other thing that we are looking for (are we) it should not be one is in favor of the other. Why cant we have all the aspects of tackling that happens in real life happen in the game?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This video is from the most recent build of madden 12, near final build, but not comepletely final according to EA development team. Anyway at 2:16 this looks like consecutive hit tackling, the first defender brings the defender down and the second one comes and helps take him to the ground, they take him down together.

Make sure to MUTE the audio Sounds like some arabian nights song or something.

There we go something finally worth posting. Yes, that is a true tackle there. Now my next question would be how often such a tackle is triggered and is it triggered in the right situations.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #29
Banned

This is the other video from that thread that is suppose to be the same date. I couldnt find any impact tackling but I think its because the players were busy throwing bombs the entire time.

Maybe someone else can see. Because again, its not enough at least for me that its there, it must trigger in the correct situation. ProTak would have been fine if it triggered correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XyPD...embedded#at=53
Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

This is from the alpha/E3 build but starting at 2:52 watch this play as McCoy scrambles this is a pretty violent hit for Madden or any football video game.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #31
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
If you thing completely removing one aspect of football in favor of another is improvement then I would have to disagree. Again, Pile ups happen, its not a one or the other thing that we are looking for (are we) it should not be one is in favor of the other. Why cant we have all the aspects of tackling that happens in real life happen in the game?
You seem to be a big fan of Pro-Tak, I am too, but it is important to admit that it did have a lot of issues. Particularly, the "hugging" that everyone complained about was a big problem as it took away user control and happened way too frequently.

This year, Madden has a new collision detection system that apparently allows for consecutive hit tackles and the lack of suction. Many say that it has improved tackling a lot. NCAA Football 12 shows this.

I think that whenever they improve the technology, 9-man gang tackles would be better accommodated.

I believe the Pro-Tak technology is still there (not 100% sure), but in terms of the tackling, there were more problems with larger gang tackles than with smaller ones.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #32
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

[quote=Sood;2042700031]This is the other video from that thread that is suppose to be the same date. I couldnt find any impact tackling but I think its because the players were busy throwing bombs the entire time.

Maybe someone else can see. Because again, its not enough at least for me that its there, it must trigger in the correct situation. ProTak would have been fine if it triggered correctly.

Here ya go man I'm embedding it for ya

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »