Home

Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode

In Madden NFL 12, Franchise mode is the greatest beneficiary in the yearly cycle of improvements this year. The mode saw tons of new additions, which span across the entire spectrum of the mode, from the offseason, to roster sizes, to team management and more.

Simply put, for our more ADD readers, Franchise mode is now as deep as any of the greatest modes of this type in our genre. It's just that the User Interface is so poorly designed that I seriously think the Madden developers went out of their way to try to make the game be as frustrating as possible.

Read More - Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Rookie

PackerBacker123's Arena

OVR: 6
reading now
Old 08-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Good to see they got can't miss QB prospects out of the ULL program.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode

Good review, and this in particular stood out to me:

I didn't like initially not knowing my draft position and having players be quite vague in their position only to reach draft day and find out who was expected to be Top 10 vs. Top 5, etc.

This is very, very important, and needs to be addressed in the future. There's nothing more frustrating than scouting a guy who you have NO IDEA where he'll go in the draft. Nothing in the draft is certain, but between mock drafts and NFL experts, we're able to estimate a player's draft position--whether he's a Top 5 pick or likely to be an undrafted free agent.

So this has to change, because if I know ahead of time that a guy is projected to be a 2nd rounder, I might scout him more (or less) compared to a guy who's supposed to be a Top 15 pick. The reasoning behind that is simple: If I'm drafting in the bottom of the first round, unless I trade up (or this guy falls in the draft like Aaron Rodgers), I'm not gonna have a chance to draft him.

So why spend precious time scouting him?
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
It seems like everything I read about Madden 12 is conflicting. One place says everything is great and its the best Madden ever while another says it's the same old Madden and everything is a disappointment. The general feel I've gotten from the gameplay and franchise article is that OS is severely disappointed. Can't wait to get my hands on it so I can make my own judgements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
It's just that the User Interface is so poorly designed that I seriously think the Madden developers went out of their way to try to make the game be as frustrating as possible.
I wish they would go back to the PC for many reasons, and this is one of them. Games with an interface designed for the PC has always had a better UI.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Good review, I must say, its disappointing to read that. I was looking forward to offline franchise, now, not so much.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Did any of the new player features (dynamic player performance, roles, etc.) get included on the online dynasty? It seems like dynamic player performance would be quite easy to add to the online franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »