Home

Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

This is a discussion on Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #153
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Could run into a problem with the salary cap later on in your franchise. The teams may not have enough cap space to fill the roster to 75 each preseason. Unless the "fake" dont take on a salary. If that were the case, you would still need to control all 32 teams in order to cut all of the fake players from the teams.

There is no work around other than controlling all 32 teams. This isn't a glitch or a bug. Its just horrible AI roster logic that needs to be fixed with a patch ASAP.
Might not be realistic, but we should have the option of turning the cap on and off after a franchise is started. It could be set to off during the preseason, then on after the final cuts.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #154
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
This problem has to get more attention from the mods here and the EA guys that frequently visit this forum.
At this point because this was supposed to be the year that the franchise user's got what we asked for, I would at least hope that someone with knowledge about this issue from EA would give us some insight. Is this fixable through a tuner update or if its something we are going to have to live with.

I don't think thats to much to ask, if EA says were tracking the issue and we can or can't fix it then fine but at least some insight at this point so I know how I'm going to go about my franchise.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #155
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Was this issue mentioned by any reviewer? by any of the other people who got the game early? Is this honestly the first mention of the matter in the entire Internet? It's amazing how this kind of thing can slip through the cracks and go unnoticed until after release day when there seems to be a significant number of people who test the game or play it prior to its availability to the public in general. I haven't gotten to start my franchise yet, but based on this thread, it sounds like something that is apparent almost right away. It makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #156
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Was this issue mentioned by any reviewer? by any of the other people who got the game early? Is this honestly the first mention of the matter in the entire Internet? It's amazing how this kind of thing can slip through the cracks and go unnoticed until after release day when there seems to be a significant number of people who test the game or play it prior to its availability to the public in general. I haven't gotten to start my franchise yet, but based on this thread, it sounds like something that is apparent almost right away. It makes no sense.
It was, by multiple reviewers.

Not sure if this was already asked, but does turning off salary cap make any different to the flaw in the CPU's AI (i.e. will they value these FAs once they don't have to consider salary)? I seriously doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

I had also hoped that a fix would be taking your USER team, and just putting in a single bid for almost every FA you deem worthy to sign for any team, and that the CPU would respond by making a bid themselves... but it sounds like you'll just win these players with your single bid.

Ridiculous oversight, though. Hopefully this and the weather bug are patched. You can't promote an overhaul in Franchise (coupled with asking gamers to ignore that awful announcing and lack of diverse presentation), but then have this same mode itself be SERIOUSLY flawed in an obvious manner without addressing it.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #157
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

Another question (can't answer myself for a while). What if you take control of all 32 teams, set Free Agency to CPU for the bidding process, but once this over click to USER for the rest of the offseason.

Once you go to play your first preseason game, you should get a prompt that you do not have the number of required players available with an option to let the CPU sign. If you let the CPU sign players at THAT point, will they go to the actual FA pool or will it still generate these fake players?

You'll have to click this option a TON of times, but if the creation and signing of the fake players is just done by the CPU for one massive signing period of CPU controlled teams, this may side-step it.

I'd check myself, but I won't be able to get back to Madden for a few days. Stupid work.

If someone already tried this, sorry for wasting time with the post.

Last edited by spfhelmiii; 09-01-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #158
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Should not have to be this way, but unless and until it's fixed, you could use a work around for re-signing that's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. It can be done with re-sign players set to either CPU or USER, the difference being that on the CPU setting, the CPU may go back and re-sign someone you didn't do manually.

If it's worth an hour (or less) of your time each offseason to see teams retain veteran players that the CPU would otherwise release, then read on. If not, have fun with things as they are.

My way takes as long as it does because I use a random number generator and I negotiate with players who decline the initial offer. A more streamlined method that dispenses with both of those facets could be used. I use this same method with my own players instead of re-signing everybody I want to keep or having house rules of so many in a certain ratings range.

My method:

Go to random.org and set the random number generator to give you a number between 0 and 100.

Going alphabetically, you would start with the Bears. Generate a number for each player you think the team should try to keep. I use 34-100, player re-signs, 0-33 means he wants to test free agency. I usually do 4 numbers at a time and keep the yes/no results in my head, so if the first four numbers result in yes/yes/no/yes, then the first, second and fourth players re-sign and the third goes FA. It's up to you how far down the list to go. Once the FA losses are determined, you can tag one of those if you think he's tag-worthy. This method not only leaves less roster-filling to be done after FA and the draft, it generates better FA pools at the upper end of the ratings (which was my initial reason for going this route).

Sounds worse than it really is but once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty smoothly.

Don't want to bother with all that random number stuff? I chose the numerical re-sign/FA cutoff so that on average teams would re-sign 2/3 of the players they should want to keep. You can get that same average just by going into the list and sign two, skip one, sing two, skip one. Whether to negotiate or skip one of the "sign two" guys who declines the first offer would be up to you. If you think a team should lose half of its potential FA's, then only re-sign every other player or use 0-50/51-100 with the random numbers.

Man...this is why I love OS. First off Buckeye....we are straight. Second you have brought out a major flaw with franchise mode. The community should be very happy this thread is going and I hope EA reads this thread (as I am sure someone from EA has already) and can address this AI flaw via patch.

In the meantime Manning you have given me a great method to control all 32 teams as that is exactly what I will be doing with Madden 12. I usually play 5 full seasons of franchise before I start it all over again either with a fantasty draft or playing as another team. Keeps things fresh for me.

So I just need some clarification on a couple of things.

1) I will make all the cuts in the pre-season for every team to make sure they are not overloaded with UDFA starting year one or is this a problem starting in year 2?

2) If it starts in year 2 then in my first offseason (and during the regular season) I will resign a lot of key back-ups and some starters for every team via random number method (which I like that system you have and I will employ as well). This will make sure all the cpu teams have their back ups in-tact for the most part and limit the amount of UDFA clutter that is plauging franchise mode already!

3) The NFL Draft. I will not be using NCAA imported draft classes. I have read everywhere that if you use the generated Madden classes that the AI logic is much better (no kickers or punters in the first round) etc. So If I want to draft for the CPU for let's say the first 3 rounds how do you handle that? I will only be scouting for my team (Dolphins) if I set scouting to cpu for all 31 other teams I will have access to this information on draft day right? Also I do I make sure I can draft for the CPU for 3 rounds but then let them draft but still maintain control of my one team for the rest of the draft.

4) I want to be able to do the FA auctions. So I can set FA to cpu before this starts and use my team. And it should be good because I have been handling the 31 other teams rosters and depth charts etc.

Thanks for the reply Manning.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #159
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

You need to cut all the fake UDFA's in the 2011 preseason in order to prevent any of them from making an opening day roster. If you use any roster update from opening day forward, you can expect to find 53 real players and the rest to be fake UDFA's.

I'll have to get back later on the rest because I'm off to do some car shopping.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #160
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
You need to cut all the fake UDFA's in the 2011 preseason in order to prevent any of them from making an opening day roster. If you use any roster update from opening day forward, you can expect to find 53 real players and the rest to be fake UDFA's.

I'll have to get back later on the rest because I'm off to do some car shopping.
I had thought that all of the fake UDFA's on preseason rosters were rookies? I don't care about that - I can't begin to know who is out there as an unsigned rook.

I only care about fake FA's who are "veterans". HOPEFULLY, EA did not load any of those on the opening roster for Franchise.

Then again, I didn't look that hard, so maybe there are some fake vets put on your roster once you start it Franchise (which would be stupid). Sort of cut-off from the game for a few days, so I'm just thinking out loud on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »