Home

Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

This is a discussion on Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #65
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fake players in Madden 12, ruining Franchise for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mossberg500
I disagree 100%.

Why would this bother you? Without the NCAA Draft Class from previous years, you had fake players as well. At least these people look like they'd play football. You'd rather have the cartoonish looking players instead who the announcers would sometimes not even say their names?

I don't understand why this bothers you.
From what I understand his problem is not the made up players but the fact the game is keeping udfa just to keep udfa like the Lions are backing up Matthew Stafford with 2 lowly 49 rated QBs instead of sign a experienced back up who is rated much higher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

I totally agree that the imported NCAA drafts should contain way more players. That would be awesome. But I don't know if that would fix this problem entirely.

The problem seems to be more about how the depth charts are ordered at the beginning of the preseasons. Some of these undrafted FAs are being placed as starters right away. They are being placed too high on the depth chart. I think that's the issue. The CPU seems to make that first depth chart and stick to it. Because the undrafted FAs are higher, they are making the teams and real veterans are being cut.

Even if we could get more players imported from NCAA, I think the issue would still remain. They wouldn't be fictional players, but teams would still be keeping the undrafted FAs over veterans.

It's the faulty depth chart logic at the start of preseason.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Depends.

Now, well, 55 and 36 (WTF?) are too far too stoop, I agree, if old McNabb is my #2 (and at 79, I hope he's not my #1...) and there's a cheaper 65 out there...especially considering how OVR is weighted - if he's a 65 because he's slower than Dan Marino, but decent enough elsewhere vs McNabb's mobility and slightly better arm ratings...I'd save the cap space and take the 65...and trade McNabb...basically like the Redskins did.

Or if the choice is between Boller and some UDFA...I think I'd take the UDFA. I know what Boller can "do" and want no part of it. I'd actually think the AI made a smart move if it cut Boller for some kid, especially if his POT is decent...but I'm probably just being a bitter Ravens fan watching Boller "develop" when "in his prime"...
I understand that logic completely. BUT... the amount of Undrafted Free Agents making teams is too much. Go look that the NFL and tell me what the percentage of drafted to undrafted players is?? Nowhere near what it will be in this game.

At the start of year 2, on average each team had 1 Vet QB, and 2 undrafted QBs on their rosters. Then some actual drafted QBs from my draft class were sprinkled in.

Like someone pointed out its more about the amount of UDFAs making cuts than fake players. I dont like fake players either, not in the first 3-5 years of my franchise while I have draft classes of knowns.

But half of the league is fake players after a year or 2, even while using imported draft classes.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #68
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

How about changing to title of the thread to : Cpu offseason logic is ruining franchise for me!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeav
I totally agree that the imported NCAA drafts should contain way more players. That would be awesome. But I don't know if that would fix this problem entirely.

The problem seems to be more about how the depth charts are ordered at the beginning of the preseasons. Some of these undrafted FAs are being placed as starters right away. They are being placed too high on the depth chart. I think that's the issue. The CPU seems to make that first depth chart and stick to it. Because the undrafted FAs are higher, they are making the teams and real veterans are being cut.

Even if we could get more players imported from NCAA, I think the issue would still remain. They wouldn't be fictional players, but teams would still be keeping the undrafted FAs over veterans.

Imported draft classes are actually not whats causing this. I think the imported classes have about the same amount of players as the Madden ones.

Teams start signing these fake players right off the bat, before you draft even once.

Reason is because teams have a 75 man limit, yet most teams dont have 75 players on them with the latest update. Which is why im about to see if I can make it happen if EA lets me create that many players. It should.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #70
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeav

More imports from NCAA would just create a whole other set of problems imo you would most likely have too many 70-80 rated players coming in due to NCAAs faulty progression.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
How about changing to title of the thread to : Cpu offseason logic is ruining franchise for me!!!
I would change it to "Preseason Cut Day/Made-Up UNFA's ruining franchise" if I could
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #72
Rookie

Buckeye02,

do the teams bring in these scrubs for HUM controlled teams as well???

If so i think it would be easier to jus control all teams and jus make the smart cuts yourself, along with making smart signs so there would be no team on opening day with a QB named Buckey Bumblebee from Rhode Island Tech A&M Christian State rated a 43 OVR

A lot of us already run 32 teams offline chises but it seems we will have to do it again and do A LOT MORE WORK this year.

I already cant trust CPU teams to draft properly now we cant trust them in FA and roster cuts.

the good thing is,,,, we got more control over franchise just like we wanted

the bad thing is,,,,, we NEED more control over franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »