Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 12: Complete Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 12: Complete Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 12: Complete Draft Class Guide

I joined the forum just to say thanks to the guys that worked on this. Seriously, you guys deserve some massive credit for doing this, I can't imagine how tedious this must have been.

Thanks again fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Just found the draft class I just had(28). Damn, I missed on a QB in the 4th round. But, I did pick up that A POT 4th round RB. I might try to trade for that QB.
I dont really like using these, but it is helping. Plus, I almost got all my positions covered. But, I have huge wholes at OLine. I dont know which class I will have(in last week of Preseason). But, I really need a QB for my Skins Chise. I want to be a playoff team, but Grossman is inconsistent and the QB I drafted late is horrble. I will look at this for a QB. I dont want a Developmental A POT QB. So I will look for this just this once, for a QB and some OLinemen. Hopefully the QB is late rounder so I dont have to hope we flunk the season
Old 09-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #27
Banned

In your opinions, from working with these draft classes, what are some of the best players at each position?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #28
Rookie

I have been working on a workbook that I use to accompany this Draft Class Guide. I use it for offline Franchise mode to determine my Draft picks for the season.

Initially, you are required to input the OVR, POT, and AGE of each player on your team. Though some people use different compilations for their team, I generally keep the following players as a minimum:
QB - 2, HB - 3, FB - 2, WR - 4, TE - 2, LT - 2, LG - 2, C - 2, RG - 2, RT - 2, LE - 2, RE - 2, DT - 3, LOLB - 2, MLB - 2, ROLB - 2, CB - 4, FS - 2, SS - 2, K -1, P - 1
There is a macro button on this sheet to advance the year so your players all age by one year after each season.

On the second sheet is a place to input rookies from the Draft Class Guide that you feel would be good additions to your team (limit to one player per position currently). This sheet will tell you at which positions players are below an 80 OVR, below an A POT, and are AGE 30 or older. Also, based on the rookie input from the Draft Class Guide, the OVR difference between the rookie and your worst player at any given position is calculated. A column is also dedicated to showing a draft order based on Projected Round of the rookies you've chosen. I am currently working on the formula to prioritize the Draft Order you should choose. The way that is going to work is that rookies available in the same Projected Round will be ranked based on your team needs. If you have a player AGE 30 or above, that position gets priority, then positions with players having a POT below A are second priority, and then the default tie breaker is the OVR difference.

There is also a third sheet which contains various notes that I have found useful. Included are: Player minimums at each position; Positions found on the Offense, which are on the Defense, and how many of each position are on the field at a time (during general play-calling, obviously some plays change the number of a position's players); Attribute acronyms and full name; Each position and attributes important to that position (stats that alter the OVR of a player if changed); and lastly, How to trade your draft picks for other draft picks to increase your amount of picks to 10 and also increase the quality of those picks.

I was curious if this was something that people would like me to post as another tool to help maximize your Draft picks and experiences. As I follow the Draft Class Guide construction very closely, I am going to make a point very clear:

****Do not flame this post or idea if you feel it is anything but useful - If you do not wish to use this tool or be a positive part of its fruition, do not comment on it at all.****
Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #29
Rookie

that sounds awesome courtjester.
It would make life a lot quicker and easier than using a pen and paper each offseason!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

my punter dont match up
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers111
my punter dont match up
There were two punters that were flipped for both rdm1800 and me when we did our 30 drafts. When sorting by potential, it showed up one way for him and another way for me but it was only on two drafts. Because it was impossible to make sure we picked the right one for everyone in that case we went with the more unique one (the other would have been either a duplicate or triplicate i cant remember), and figured people would be able to find their punter even if it wasnt the top one. Which in most cases it will be. If you dont see your punter there, look for the 2nd one on the list. There is usually no more than 3 punters per draft and I assure u that they are all represented at least one punter per draft on the ToC page.

Tell me if your able to figure it out and if not, please list the 3 punters from your draft class by school, height, and weight and I'm sure we can help you find the correct draft class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #32
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Might have to check this out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »