Home

Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

This is a discussion on Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
2k's right-stick crap is way worse than this.
are you kidding me? NBA 2k12 has the best menu in a game. Right from the main menu you have all of your stuff set to jump right in. 1 button can load up your association, or your My Player or a quick game or the legends feature all just with a 1 button push. Then if you want the full menu you flick the right stick and there it is. And the menus are fast and easy to scroll through. Plus the layout isn't boring like Madden & NCAA Football. I wish EA had a menu like 2k12 for their football games.

Since i don't really play Madden i don't know about their menus as much but i know NCAA Football's menus are sooooo slow to navigate through. You notice the menus when its as bad as NCAA Football's is.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The funny thing is, NCAA Football 12's Dynasty menu and layout are IMO perfect! Why can't EA just copy that over to Madden for next year? I pray that they do. That, and make Free Agency a lot like NCAA 12's recruitment, and the game would be amazing!

OH, and leave UDFA's out, if you're not gonna put in the time to actually make sure that it works and is useful. The most troublesome and worthless "major" gameplay addition in gaming history.

/rant
i disagree, NCAA's menus are the worst. The layout would be ok if things moved quick but they are so slow navigating through the menus especially in a dynasty. Plus they're really boring and the menu music is awful.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #19
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
People really complain that much about the menu in this game? Wow. People will find any reason they can to complain about a game I guess. I would say there are thousands of things more important in my life than the menu of a video game.
I agree with you on that
Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #20
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
are you kidding me? NBA 2k12 has the best menu in a game. Right from the main menu you have all of your stuff set to jump right in. 1 button can load up your association, or your My Player or a quick game or the legends feature all just with a 1 button push. Then if you want the full menu you flick the right stick and there it is. And the menus are fast and easy to scroll through. Plus the layout isn't boring like Madden & NCAA Football. I wish EA had a menu like 2k12 for their football games.

Since i don't really play Madden i don't know about their menus as much but i know NCAA Football's menus are sooooo slow to navigate through. You notice the menus when its as bad as NCAA Football's is.
Alright maybe "way" is a bit overstating. However, the Y or Triangle button is used menu wise in other games to some degree. The right stick method in 2k, is not (at least not to my knowledge). As for the "best in a game", I believe that is a bit of an overstatement as well. Very awkward.

Bottom line, EA AND 2K should change this going forward.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

I don't see the big deal. It's the same as last year with one extra button push.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Alright maybe "way" is a bit overstating. However, the Y or Triangle button is used menu wise in other games to some degree. The right stick method in 2k, is not (at least not to my knowledge). As for the "best in a game", I believe that is a bit of an overstatement as well. Very awkward.

Bottom line, EA AND 2K should change this going forward.
i still think that 2k12's menu is the best. The fact that i can load up my association right from the main menu without having to go to a load/save feature is great.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
That isn't what this article is about though. Franchise can be accessed the same way with Madden (Resume Franchise). This is about the in-franchise menu. I can see now though that we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't want to take this any further OT, and I'm sure others would appreciate it.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 33
Madden menu system is bad. No doubt about it. As this blog suggests, there are ways to make it more bearable. Still doesn't excuse how the hell EA came up with such a navigation method.
For instance sign a Free Agent in NBA 2K & you are instantly asked if you want to go straight to your line up page to make adjustments. In Madden you have to navigate back through the menus to go to your depth chart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »