Home

Kick returns and field goals?

This is a discussion on Kick returns and field goals? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
Kick returns and field goals?

Are there any sliders to help out with this?

In three games, my longest kick return is 22 yards. I play as the Seahawks and have Leon Washington returning kicks. He is averaging 17.9 yards per return on 12 returns. I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Secondly... A 46-yard-field goal... Two, actually... My kicker has 94 power and on both kicks, I had the meter at 95+ power but both kicks were way short (at least five yards). Doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

I am not complaining but rather looking for some help... The kicks are what really boggles my mind considering they were not difficult kicks and having them THAT short just does not seem right...

Thanks in advance...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Kick returns and field goals?

In case anyone asks, the accuracy on both kicks was also good... So I am not sure WTF the problem is. I can't find any help with sliders. After posting this question, I missed a 43-yard-kick that hit the front crossbar. 99 power on that kick, too. My kicker has 94 KPW so I am at a loss. Can I only kick 30-yard field goals or what? That seems to be the only kicks that I can make.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Kick returns are easy to me when I play KR Middle 2. I had 5 TDs last season by 3 different people.

And for the FG, was the wind against you? That could be a problem or just raise the Kick Power slider.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

lower your aim bar and u should be hitting them i was having problems with kicking long fg's as well with phil dawson i was watching him kick 50+ yard fg's but when i tried a 50+ in madden it would be short now my longest came in an online game yesterday 55 yards to get the win. as far as KR's couldnt tell ya i barely get to the 20 on returns because of the broke blocking.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Set the aim arrow as low as you can get it and your kicks will travel farther.

Regarding the kick returns, pursuit angles are much better. While I have returned several kicks, the blocking must be perfect AND you'll probably have to make at least one guy miss. My starting field position is usually inside the 20 as well and I'm very good at returns.

Best advice I can give... Take the touchback!

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Playing in Seattle, the wind is a big factor there. Its harder to kick into the wind. To get better kick returns, never pick kick return 2. Always pick kick return. Blocking is a lot better not to mention you have you're second kick returner also blocking in front of you. I always follow him and then cut off as soon as he makes a block. Punts are hit or miss. The blocking is pretty bad sometimes.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

As previously stated, when taking field goals you have to lower the arrow down, I had always wondered why I couldn't get one past 45 yards and the CPU could but once I lowered the arrow down it went further and now I sink in 50+ yard field goals a lot.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

One guy is saying use kick return 2, someone else says don't use that one use just kick return. You need to find one that you like and use it. Use just need to figure out how to use it right. For me I don't care which return it is. If the kick is in the corner towards the sideline, I can find a hole and go all the way. I don't know why, it just works for me. If they kick it middle forget it, I can't go anywhere. So you just need to find out what works for you, everybody is different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »