Home

Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

This is a discussion on Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

Those are all necessities for '13, but to me after gameplay is real time weather. This definitely plays a key part to the outcome of a game...whether it's heavy rain & the footing,fumbles,field degradation,uniforms...well, maybe not those 2... ball trajectory in heavy winds,footing in the snow, visibility,etc...j/m 2 ¢

Last edited by Motown; 01-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Man Chris,

Everybody knows what Madden needs, we only been on these forums and discussing it for almost 8 years now. If these developers don't get it, they never will. Frankly it's pathetic too even get into it, because they say they look at the forums. They know what they need too do, just give us fundamentals and simulation football, respect the sport.
I wish I wrote this article, but Phil Varckette did.

However I did write a companion blog post to this article about what I'll be gauging success as in Madden NFL 13:

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChr...ture-interest/

#shamelessplug
Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Commentary is the big thing that stood out for everyone this year. Aside from presentation issues, I really hope they look at the engine and the animations. Canimations, especially the one where you catch a pass, only to have the DB push a WR five yards back and halfway across the field(without tackling), need to go.

I get that FIFA is the king of sports games around the world, but EA needs to invest the same amount of time and detail into Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19
how bout this
1. A complete overhaul!!!
I a ree with everything you said. Thats why IMo, MAdden does not have any great replayability value.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5
Every year someone writes an article like this. And every year nothing happens. Madden 10 and 11 I didnt even buy. Madden 12 stayed in my house for less than a month and it was traded in. I used to be the biggest football gamer around. I used to wonder back in the 90s what the game would be like 15 or 20 years from now. Not even close.

Until there is competition, nothing will happen. Madden still sells millions of copies. There is no need for them to change anything to please less than 1% of the fanbase. Most people think the game is awesome. Because they are casual players..they dont care about defensive holding penalties, or the momentum engine. They just want to throw the ball every down, find the glitches, and exploit them to score 100 points.

Sorry if this sounds negative (it is extremely negative, I know) but thats how I feel. Football gaming is, at least for now, dead to me.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
agree with everything in the article! BEST ARTICLE ive seen written here... Madden has gotten so complacent because of the license, i dont even have hope any longer. Im tired of playing the 2005 game and the 2008 game has no depth. This gen has seen football gaming pretty much die
Old 01-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Chris, AWESOME list. I love the fact that you made it a point to note that all of the issues are ON THE FIELD. The FOOTBALL!!! That's what we care about the most.

I'd also like to add:

1. Warping - remove it
2. Fix the Finess move DEs
3. Ball physics
4. Less frequent interceptions
5. Export roster files from online franchise
Aren't there too many INT's because of the ball trajectory and LB warping. It's not the fact that defenders catch too many, it's that they get their hands on more balls than they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
1. Pass Trajectory
2. Commentary
3. Draft class player models

That's all I'm hoping for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »