Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - New Playable Zoom Camera View

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - New Playable Zoom Camera View within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #73
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - New Playable Zoom Camera View

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot showing off the new playable zoomed camera. Click the link for a higher resolution image.

Good? Bad? Needs tweaking?

I really hope that's not he final scorebar they are going with.

the latest one created in this forum is a lot better!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Why is the QB in the middle of screen. So much dead space behind or lower of him. Can EA please zoom in and out more. When the pass is released follow the ball closer to WR. When running zoom in, they take us further away from the game. My God who thought of the new kick off distance, it is a video game, not watching, playing.

Get rid of the side line angle when kicking off and go back to the way it was in 11.
Prior to the kickoff, you can press RT and it switches back to "classic" view...
Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #75
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I really hope that's not he final scorebar they are going with.

the latest one created in this forum is a lot better!
It's a big improvement over the original one, why don't you like it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #76
Banned

jwallace1975's Arena

OVR: 3

Almost any camera angle is going to have plusses and minuses based on what you like to do. For this angle, I like it from a passing standpoint because it gives a better sense of where the windows are and what defenders you need to worry about who are playing underneath zones. For running the ball, this might still work but the current camera angle in M12 probably gives a better overall view of how defenders are attacking the blockers and ballcarrier. Definitely need to play with it to get a confirm on that though.

The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable. If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late. I would actually want this camera pulled back just a touch more to ensure that I could see receivers on quick outs and especially a receiver waiting for a screen pass on the field side when snapping from the left or right hash.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's a big improvement over the original one, why don't you like it?

It's not bad. This one is just better. If I had to rate them:

1st attempt: 2 / 10
2nd attempt: 6 / 10
Our attempt: 9 / 10
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #78
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallace1975
...The "dead space" below the QB is necessary for the angle to be playable. If you pull the camera closer to eliminate that space, then you'll lose more viewing area to the left and right, which would make it hard to see the receivers on the outside and would also make it hard to keep an eye on blitzing cornerbacks before it's too late. I would actually want this camera pulled back just a touch more to ensure that I could see receivers on quick outs and especially a receiver waiting for a screen pass on the field side when snapping from the left or right hash.
Yeah, maybe have it zoom in a bit on running plays & out a bit on passing plays. Just a bit though.

But I like it. It's a God view, but closer to player eye level. It looks great.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #79
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers

It's not bad. This one is just better. If I had to rate them:

1st attempt: 2 / 10
2nd attempt: 6 / 10
Our attempt: 9 / 10
Well actually the one you referenced looks similar to the one in the screen shot, the only difference is the size of the font used. The person who created the scoreboard, used a more bolder font which to be honest besides a possession dot is the only thing that scoreboard needs to look exactly like the one you referenced.

I agree with everyone else on the screen shot, it needs to be a little closer.

Last edited by goravens2052; 05-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #80
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Well actually the one you referenced looks similar to the one in the screen shot, the only difference is the size of the font used. The person who created the scoreboard, used a different more bolder font which to be honest is the only thing that scoreboard needs to look exactly like the one you referenced.

I agree with everyone else on the screen shot, it needs to be a little closer.
The one that EA is using needs a possession indicator and I tweeted Mike Young about that yesterday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »