Home

Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Short video from Team Xbox, I can already tell a huge difference with o/d line interaction because of physics, notice how as soon as the defender and o line make contact you see the o lineman kinda fall back a little due to the impact. This is by far the smoothest looking Madden video I have ever seen, 1:06 in the video looks so real.

I think this new physics engine is going to demand a closer camera. Doesn't have to be as close as backbreakers, but the sky cam(I call the standard cam, sky cam) has to go. How can one be expected to avoid feet and arms through the holes,etc if we are from such a far away view?

I like the idea of something like a madden 06 cam. It was much closer on everything besides the pass. That would work fine. Up close for presnap and runs, and farther away for the pass.

I still like the idea of a closer pass cam that cam be zoomed out to see flats with either r1/l1 button (or a flick down on the right stick) while the qb has the ball post snap for passing. Cam zoom out doesnt need to apply after qb crosses line of scrimmage or ball changes player hands.

I played around with the idea of cam tilt to see the flats, but after looking into it and seeing how it would look (also with maddens relay cam), I think it is a bad idea.

Excited about the physics engine, and it does appear to be much better in the videos so far. Not sure why Montana looks like a TE there, but I am excited once again by this physics cam. I really have to thank EA for taking these steps and not playing it safe.

JPDAVIS*** Is it possible to stick all new videos in your original first post?(Or at least links?). It will get really hard to find the videos weeding through all the comment pages too. If not possible, no problem. I thank you for all your time in finding these videos and just want to make sure I don't miss them, and all your hard work!

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-05-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #34
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

This is the perfect set-up to bringing back First Person Football, I know some people hate it, but with running backs needing to see their holes and tripping over people, it would be a great immersion adding gimmick that EA loves so much.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I think this new physics engine is going to demand a closer camera. Doesn't have to be as close as backbreakers, but the sky cam(I call the standard cam, sky cam) has to go. How can one be expected to avoid feet and arms through the holes,etc if we are from such a far away view?

I like the idea of something like a madden 06 cam. It was much closer on everything besides the pass. That would work fine. Up close for presnap and runs, and farther away for the pass.

I still like the idea of a closer pass cam that cam be zoomed out to see flats with either r1/l1 button (or a flick down on the right stick) while the qb has the ball post snap for passing. Cam zoom out doesnt need to apply after qb crosses line of scrimmage or ball changes player hands.

I played around with the idea of cam tilt to see the flats, but after looking into it and seeing how it would look (also with maddens relay cam), I think it is a bad idea.

Excited about the physics engine, and it does appear to be much better in the videos so far. Not sure why Montana looks like a TE there, but I am excited once again by this physics cam. I really have to thank EA for taking these steps and not playing it safe.

JPDAVIS*** Is it possible to stick all new videos in your original first post?(Or at least links?). It will get really hard to find the videos weeding through all the comment pages too. If not possible, no problem. I thank you for all your time in finding these videos and just want to make sure I don't miss them, and all your hard work!
Yeah not a problem, from now on I'll post them in my original post since the mods made this a sticky thread. I was trying to post them at the end to keep the thread moving towards the top, but yeah now that's no problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
Rookie

Tyler_Bullard's Arena

OVR: 4

I am extremely jealous of the people that get to play this game today.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah not a problem, from now on I'll post them in my original post since the mods made this a sticky thread. I was trying to post them at the end to keep the thread moving towards the top, but yeah now that's no problem.
Gotcha! good thinking!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #38
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
I am extremely jealous of the people that get to play this game today.
You not the only one.

Certainly I had more important things to get squared away last month, but I wish I would've been able to make the community event .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
That said, I like the impact when Jones comes into contact with LG #77. Watch #77's head pop back upon impact at the 00:30 mark. That looks good. You can also see they could be setting things up for Combo blocking as the Center starts with his arm reaching out at Jones as if he will jab him and then pass him to #77. That will most likely be next year.
I noticed his head rock back too...looked very cool.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #39
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Yeah. I wanted the DE's to get up the field more though. It might be the result of the basic rush as a part of the play. I still want to see them use more moves. The DT's for instance are hand fighting rather than attempting a rip, spin, or swim move. It's good that they disengage and I knew the OL vs DL was going to be better than in the past. It still has a ways to go and they will get that done next year. I see Calias Campbell in one part up the field but is just shielded out of the play and it's like he has no options of getting past the OT.
I'm trying to be impressed by this stuff. I really am. But everything looks the same, just prettier with RTP.

Like you said, where are the moves?

DEs, from what I remember, have been disengaging fairly easily the past couple of years when the QB breaks the pocket.

Quote:
That said, I like the impact when Jones comes into contact with LG #77. Watch #77's head pop back upon impact at the 00:30 mark. That looks good. You can also see they could be setting things up for Combo blocking as the Center starts with his arm reaching out at Jones as if he will jab him and then pass him to #77. That will most likely be next year.
Yeah, the physics looked good with the head snapping back.

The hand check by the center looked cool. I wonder if it's just an aesthetic. I'd like to see what happens when that DT makes an inside move. Would the center have helped?

Quote:
At 1:03 I'm not for sure what #92 for the Cards, I believe that is Williams, I'm not for sure what he did to that RG. I like how they show the RG slip though when he turns around to try to get him. Then the FB picks him up with a cut block. QB getting outside, but this was a 3 man rush, is not a big deal.
Yeah, tough to see if he put a move on him. Didn't look like much. The guard's reaction was cool though. And the FB picking him up was the best thing I saw in the vid.

Maybe we'll see more as more vids are posted, but with that type of pressure up the middle, I'd love to see a DE getting up the field.

Quote:
At 1:16 it would have been great if Acho tried to club Staley with his left arm and make a move back inside. That's next year I'm hoping. This year I think all defenders will have is hand fighting. On the flip side, I like how Joe Staley is keeping him at back with his arms extended and pushes the rush behind the QB. All I would hope for, pending the rush call is that this set up faster.

It is progress.
Definitely progress. Looking forward to more vids to get a better idea of how much though. As it is, I'm not seeing much outside of RTP making the same things look better.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Does anyone know about whether or not zig-zag running will be in the game this year? If it is, is it at least toned down? That was my game killer last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »