Home

defending QB option run?

This is a discussion on defending QB option run? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
defending QB option run?

How does it work?

I am set to play a Vick user in an online league, and he is a known abuser of QB option runs. We are in season 4, I am 8-0 in the league against him, yet he always runs for 200+ on my and my wins are honestly sometimes just luck it seems. I would like to know how to defend it, because other than these option QB plays, the dude is terrible. His defense sucks and when you make him pass, he loves throwing INT's.

If I run man, everyone ignores the QB and runs after the HB. If Vick makes it to the corner, he's gone unless my safety/CB break their block in time. He's upgraded his speed into the 90's. If I run zone, they still seem to ignore Vick until he is 10 yards past the LOS.

Are there specific formations or individual defensive changes made to linemen that would make them honor the QB more? It's so weird because if I try to run it with my QB against the CPU, their DE will play it perfectly. Yet mine act as if they are in peewee and never seen it before.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
Pro

rdeyes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: defending QB option run?

try setting your DE on QB contain or just run zone defense with QB spy or blitz the heck out of him and hopefully you injure him or force turnovers
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Banned

SuperPlayerKing4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: defending QB option run?

QB Spy is definitely the best option to defending the read option/quarterback scramble. Always put the spy on a blitzing OLB or DE.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
OHIO ST8

jhogan3132's Arena

OVR: 25
Just user control the play side defensive end. It will force him to give to the running back

Samsung Galaxy Note II
Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: defending QB option run?

I run a 3-4 and what I'd do is call a 3-4 even man to man. This has 1 MLB on spy and 2 deep safeties. I set the weak side safety to a flat zone and I user the strong safety. I play man to man on everyone else and I use inside shade on them most likely. I pass commit every play so that he doesn't gain anything on PA passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »