Home

Demo=great, madden 13= best yet, IE= great starting point, Madden 14 must haves....

This is a discussion on Demo=great, madden 13= best yet, IE= great starting point, Madden 14 must haves.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Demo=great, madden 13= best yet, IE= great starting point, Madden 14 must haves....

Ok, so for the first time since I can remember I am enjoy a madden demo! It feels fresh to some degree and the commentary is the best ever in Madden history. With that being said the game still feels a bit stale. These are what must be in Madden 14 IMO to be a complete game.

1). New running engine...whatever they call it... foot planting, momentum, player weight ect... just like NHL new skating engine...

2). Post player movements and interactions... enough of the emotionless walking around like Zombies...

3). QB- movements and throwing motions are still way off....

4). a real penalty engine...

5). Get the refs involved with ball placement and chain gangs that actually are meaning full.

6). the sidelines and coaches really needs to be redone and come to life.

7). Custom cameras! let me play defense in player lock!

8). Amazing half time show and highlights from around the league in my CC franchise.

9). The crowds obviously never get any love (looks wise) hopefully next gen with have the ability to cure this.

Those are whats important to me and I believe Madden is finally heading down the right path! While madden 13 isn't even out yet I can tell from the demo that it will be a really fun game but Madden 14, if next gen is going to be insane!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Demo=great, madden 13= best yet, IE= great starting point, Madden 14 must haves..

Retail for this years game hasn't even dropped and you're already throwing a M14 wishlist out there?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Demo=great, madden 13= best yet, IE= great starting point, Madden 14 must haves..

Probably goes in this thread...

But the demo is good and I cant wait to play Madden
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Wait until you have had suitable time to actually play the retail version than actually jumping through to Madden 14. That is not in our minds yet, we are concentrating on Madden 13.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with everything except for #8. To me a full half time show is just too much wasted space for something that isnt really needed. Personally though, to give u a sense of halftime during games i would love to see nantz and simms come back on cam for about a 2 min wrapup of the first half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I agree with everything except for #8. To me a full half time show is just too much wasted space for something that isnt really needed. Personally though, to give u a sense of halftime during games i would love to see nantz and simms come back on cam for about a 2 min wrapup of the first half.
I like the idea of Simms and Nantz coming back on cam at half for a 2min wrapup. I still want a studio halftime show though.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Ok, so for the first time since I can remember I am enjoy a madden demo! It feels fresh to some degree and the commentary is the best ever in Madden history. With that being said the game still feels a bit stale. These are what must be in Madden 14 IMO to be a complete game.

1). New running engine...whatever they call it... foot planting, momentum, player weight ect... just like NHL new skating engine...

2). Post player movements and interactions... enough of the emotionless walking around like Zombies...

3). QB- movements and throwing motions are still way off....

4). a real penalty engine...

5). Get the refs involved with ball placement and chain gangs that actually are meaning full.

6). the sidelines and coaches really needs to be redone and come to life.

7). Custom cameras! let me play defense in player lock!

8). Amazing half time show and highlights from around the league in my CC franchise.

9). The crowds obviously never get any love (looks wise) hopefully next gen with have the ability to cure this.

Those are whats important to me and I believe Madden is finally heading down the right path! While madden 13 isn't even out yet I can tell from the demo that it will be a really fun game but Madden 14, if next gen is going to be insane!
I like your list and these are obviously missing from 13 so it would be great to see it in 14.

Me personally I dont want them doing way too much, and would love it if they concentrated on tightning the IE , line interaction , A.I execution along with playcalling, and what you have at #1.

Once they can get a solid foundation in these areas then they can give us all the icing they want.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Locked....Demo impressions thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »