Home

M13 Free Agency question.

This is a discussion on M13 Free Agency question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
M13 Free Agency question.

So I've seen the video(s) showing the bells and whistles for off-season free agency. It has the market value for the players, the teams interested, and the players not signing at the first flash of a dollar bill.

My question, is how is IN-season free agency done for those who know / have seen any info on it. As a commish I'd prefer not to have to hold a free agent draft or implement a secret bidding system just to get through the initial weeks so it isn't a free agent signing bonanza.

Any info would help. Ty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bump........
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: M13 Free Agency question.

I'm wondering about this too.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

Any FA signed is placed under a 1-year deal of varying value depending on how good the player is...obviously the higher a player is rated, the more he'll cost. I haven't seen anyone above $2.8M though, so it's still a pretty nominal cap number. No bonus given either.

As far as how to go about it as a Commissioner, I'd recommend some sort of safeguard in place, a plan of action to figure out who goes for who, etc. as there are no restrictions (per se, with the salary cap on you can only do so much since contracts are TOUGH to manage this year) currently in place.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

so if free agents can only sign 1 year deals during the seasons, can you resign them once there on your team to longer deals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I hated the off-season FA in Madden 12.

I like the counter offer ideal but it went by way too fast. I couldn't sign any players because by the time I went through the positions and find the best one for what I needed, the bidding was complete. I think they intended you to only bid on the players with highest overalls which basically were punters, kickers, and a few OL men. Maybe every 2-3 years you'd see a big time QB, HB, WR, MLB released by a CPU team which sucked.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
so if free agents can only sign 1 year deals during the seasons, can you resign them once there on your team to longer deals?
When they come up for re-negotiation OR after the season, yes. If the player doesn't like your offer, he could choose to decline talks of extending his contract at which point he'll finish out the season and become an unrestricted free agent.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
When they come up for re-negotiation OR after the season, yes. If the player doesn't like your offer, he could choose to decline talks of extending his contract at which point he'll finish out the season and become an unrestricted free agent.
so you can't just resign your players whenever you want like every other year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »