Home

Trade Logic Broken?

This is a discussion on Trade Logic Broken? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Trade Logic Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btemp
Could be a problem. That's not the worst trade in the world, could be more of an anomaly. Hard to say without seeing more trades.

EDIT: I just realized that was the 2nd OVERALL pick. That is horrible! If, on average, future picks are valued a round down then they traded Barry Coefield and a 4th round pick for the 2nd overall pick. Ugh!!!
Yes this is exactly why I was worried it made no sense to me at all. I am shocked more people aren't concerned about this as I am. To me it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
I really hope so because I am so stoked for this game it's crazy. This does worry me, but trust me either way I will be enjoying this game. I just think this was worthy of being brought up so hopefully the trade logic can be tuned at least a tad bit.
Well, it was the cpu that accepted it, the man could've played it straight and make a fair trade instead of taking advantage of the weak trade logic. Just don't do it. Don't get me wrong here fellas I have so many issues with this game that hasn't even released yet that I'm just renting this sh*t but this issue is something that you can work around.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Well, it was the cpu that accepted it, the man could've played it straight and make a fair trade instead of taking advantage of the weak trade logic. Just don't do it. Don't get me wrong here fellas I have so many issues with this game that hasn't even released yet that I'm just renting this sh*t but this issue is something that you can work around.
Yes, but what happens when the CPU make trades with each other and they aren't logical? If this isn't fixed then we will have a broken trade logic. Not to mention we can't edit anything in CC so it makes this even more of an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
I totally disagree about it being a big deal (at least to me). I HATE deciding for the CPU what are fare trades because I'm never clear (or have to air on the side of getting the worse deal myself). As a (former) Franchise-aholic I loved taking horrible teams and re-tooling the roster. The problem is that in trading away or for players it just breaks down.

What's a fair trade for Aqib Talib (88 OVR CB)? Clearly it's not Aaron Rodgers, but how about a 1st round pick for a very good starting CB? A 2nd rounder? Maybe Nick Fairley? How about Larry Fitzgerald? What player pick combos is he worth?

Its easy to tell when a trade is blatantly bad, but beyond that its unclear. And when making these trades I can't decide what's fair so I need that CPU logic to make it fair - or break my franchise.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

That is a horrible trade. No team would ever trade the 2nd pick in the draft for that. Ever.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #14
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

coefield could be rated higher by the rams than 85. it is also a position that they are in need of. many teams would trade a proven player for an unproven rookie. They needed a LG, DT, and a QB. they wouldn't draft a LG that high and they have bradford at qb with a high salary. so they would have taken a DT there or trade down. since they got a trade offer for a proven DT they would most likely have taken it.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
coefield could be rated higher by the rams than 85. it is also a position that they are in need of. many teams would trade a proven player for an unproven rookie. They needed a LG, DT, and a QB. they wouldn't draft a LG that high and they have bradford at qb with a high salary. so they would have taken a DT there or trade down. since they got a trade offer for a proven DT they would most likely have taken it.
Although you give a good argument I still say that trade can't really be justified especially for the 2nd overall pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #16
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Although you give a good argument I still say that trade can't really be justified especially for the 2nd overall pick.
it all depends on what they had available to draft at that time. if it was like this years draft, RG3, no. but if there was no clear 2nd pick it could be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »