Home

How to change coach schemes in CCM?

This is a discussion on How to change coach schemes in CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Didn't you get the memo? EA has done strict rules on how you have to play CC.

I'm so turned off at this point. I like the potential, I sure do, but CC is just poorly designed and poorly implemented. Should have taken more time. It definitely seems rushed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to change coach schemes in CCM?

I'm having the same problem. I started a CCM as the Giants. I retained the exact same settings as Tom Coughlin has, figuring that the team was already tailored to him, I'll play like that for a while and then would eventually bring in my own players after a season or 2. But, under Coughlin, the offense was Balanced Offense and mine was changed to West Offense. His defense was attacking 4-3 and mine was changed to spread.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy27wc
I'm having the same problem. I started a CCM as the Giants. I retained the exact same settings as Tom Coughlin has, figuring that the team was already tailored to him, I'll play like that for a while and then would eventually bring in my own players after a season or 2. But, under Coughlin, the offense was Balanced Offense and mine was changed to West Offense. His defense was attacking 4-3 and mine was changed to spread.
In my srategy area, under schemes, it correctly says
Offense: Balanced Offense
Defense: Attacking 4-3

But, then, when I go into the practice section, under schemes, it says
Offense: West Coast
Defense: Spread
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
In my srategy area, under schemes, it correctly says
Offense: Balanced Offense
Defense: Attacking 4-3

But, then, when I go into the practice section, under schemes, it says
Offense: West Coast
Defense: Spread

seeing how Spread isn't even a defensive scheme i think they are just bugged in that screen.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
seeing how Spread isn't even a defensive scheme i think they are just bugged in that screen.
That's what I was hoping was the case.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
That's what I was hoping was the case.
looks like it is just taking 2 scheme names(prolly the first 2 on the list) and putting those up. if the schemes are correct on the scheme page you should be fine.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #31
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

I think showing west coast and spread is a glitch. However, to answer the other part of the question, I was told by a Gamechanger who has had the game for a while now that the team scheme is tied to the play book... not the coach. Don't know if that is true as I don't have the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #32
Rookie

I think the scheme is set to the coach, not to the playbook.

I set myself as Giants coach, but was retaining all of Coughlin's settings. I then simmed each week, until I got to when Victor Cruz wanted to negotiate a new contract. That was either week 2 or 3. I don't remember off the top of my head.

I went to negotiate and saw on top of the screen, under whether he fits the system, the rating there was poor. I'm thinking there's no way that Victor Cruz doesn't fit the Giants scheme.

But, then I realize that Cruz is a "possession" type receiver and the Giants, for both WR #1 and WR #2 are set to prefer "balanced." So, I changed the coaches's setting to prefer "possession" for both WR spots. (I was too lazy to check the depth chart to see if Cruz or Hicks was listed as WR #1). I then simmed to the next week, just in case the changes to the coach's profile didn't take effect immediately.

The next week, I went to negotiate Cruz's contract. This time, under how well he fit the scheme, the rating changed from "poor" to "good."

So, that proves that scheme is tied to the coach's settings and not to the playbook. I made the changes to the coach and got a change for the rating in the scheme department. I made no change at all to the playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »