Home

How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #329
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Just finished my first Regular season with the Saints! Went 11-5 and now playing 49ers in the Divisional round for a place in the NFC Championship Game. I beat them in the Reg season! Time for revenge for last year! Will update after.
Good luck! Still contemplating what team to be for myself lol.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #330
Rookie

Victory23's Arena

OVR: 6

Right now I'm 7-2 with Carolina. I lost to Atlanta on the road and to Denver at home. I love the variety of the games, one week I'll blow a team out, the next I'll be in a shootout and the next I'll be overmatched.

A lot of games (34-31 win over NO, OT wins over Tampa and Seattle) could have gone either way, so I don't know what to make of the team itself come playoff time. Cam is leading the league in QB rating and I have the number one defense in the NFL somehow.

I also signed Chad Ochocinco after one of my WRs tore his ACL in week 2 and he's my new favorite target.

Just started a player CCM with Tyrann Matheiu and decided to use the Raiders. I ran back a pick for a TD in my first practice, so I have high hopes for the Honey Badger lol.

New England Patriots

Chicago Blackhawks

Washington Nationals

Chelsea FC

Old 09-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #331
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

I simmed some games as the Lions to get to the playoffs. I think I finished 12-4 or 13-3. Stafford threw for over 7,000 yards on the year. Obviously I need to up the difficulty and play with sliders next season.

I earned a 1st round bye and am playing the Eagles in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Saints and 49ers are playing in the other game to determine who makes it to the NFC Championship.

Planning on trading Jahvid Best in the offseason for either picks or a CB/SS. Really need to improve my defense somehow.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #332
Rookie

I started my first coaching career as a created coach named john angher, just a little madden pun because I'd rather have fake names.
Decided to use both Sanchez and Tebow for year one.
Picked up P Thomas and Steve Smith (ex giant)
Started off 4-0 on all pro and adjusted sliders for rest.
Currently 14-0 with the conference clinched.
Suprised to see this unlikley cast doing so well was on twitter around week 10
Sanchez has been doing ok
Greene has been doing awesone but went down in week 12 probably until playoffs
Thomas is there to sustain sone run game
Holmes is having a great year n smith is a very reliable FA when the wr depth is not to great.
Defense has been doing great especiallly the DBS n RE mike devito
A lot of close games
Very suprised to be undefeated dont think itll be like this every year n im excited to see if John Angher and his jets can go undefeated n win the super bowl.... I have my doubts after almost losing to Jax n a close one in NE as well.

Im enjoying this game n the forum is awesone
Dont usually post but id like to help keep this alive for a while!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #333
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Decided to start my career off as myself. A undrafted QB out of Central Michigan (Decided to go for a smaller college), joined the Pat's. I'm guessing it is possible to be cut, but right now I'm still on the roster as the 3rd stringer. Not getting much playing time.. Most of is going to Mallet.

Really does make it feel realistic though, having to try and fight for playing time. About to play the final pre-season game against NYG. Hopeful to play.

Oh, and RGIII is out for the season. That sucks.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #334
Rookie

I started a Vikings franchise, and went through 2 preseason games. I lost to ther 49ers, but had a shootout against the Bills (won after making a 40 yard Field goal).

I also signed Melvin Bullitt to strenthen my safety position, and is doing well. I also signed Eric Foster, though I'm less sure of him.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #335
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
May drop my minutes tho...score is kinda crazy but not stats, so Ill do a couple games @ 10 mins...whats the general rule of thumb for mins per quarter so far on M13?
I get very realistic stats & scores, in fact I almost want to say they're perfect. But I play on defense (SS) so I don't know if that's the reason.

I'd say the only thing that is a bit askew is the amount of carries & yards by our feature back. But that can be controlled by simming a few games during the season.

If I play all 16 like I did my first year everything comes out perfect except those two things I mentioned.

I play with 12 minute quarters. Might consider playing all 16 at 10 minute quarters but like I said, all the stats & scores are pretty damn perfect right now. I'm leaning towards staying with 12 and simming a game or two to keep the running backs numbers a bit more typical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #336
Rookie

I use 7 minute quarters and get what i think are pretty realistic scores (Though I may drop it, since I see 30+ points being scored by one of the teams).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »