Home

Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Player Progression is broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #73
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

the issue is moreso with simming games. if you play the games and play the long practices, you can get a heck of a lot more exp than by simulating. especially at certain positions.

there are just a few positions that have a tough time progressing especially in Sim, such as a pass first OL, most TE's, any qb's who dont come into the league with high progression. notice how few of the young qb's like ponder and such make it in this league years down the line. other than griffin, luck and the established 87's and up, they don't play. weeden doesnt play. so on, so forth. and if you use a tannehil type, hes a normal progression guy, so if you simulate and he throws for 3300 yards, you are screwed with like 17k points.

however I think some of this has to do with IF you were to get every exp package upgrade, have a quick or superstar player x5-6(you shouldnt have TOO many at skill positions in theory off the bat) you would be looking at a lot of exp. I know when my coach is maxed, I can progress a superstar player at crazy rates even in sim
Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

People saying schemes don't affect progression clearly don't understand schemes.

The only way people are going to be able to tell if other teams players are progressing well is if the teams use the same scheme.

The computer is going to put points into things that increase talent points that are most beneficial to that teams scheme. For example, I am playing as the Seahawks in my CCM who use the power running back scheme. Players like Trent Richardson and Alfred Morris (also power running backs) have progressed insane amounts based on what I see in their respective overalls. This is because their teams are putting xp points into talents that directly pertain to power running backs. If a team is putting points into making a player a speed back then they won't appear to be progressing to you because their "important" stats won't change.

Ever wonder why you get walloped by a bad running back or bad quarterback? They aren't actually bad, just bad for you.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 25
I progress every player for every team myself. No problems here I can't fix in one way or another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #76
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hammar
People saying schemes don't affect progression clearly don't understand schemes.

The only way people are going to be able to tell if other teams players are progressing well is if the teams use the same scheme.

The computer is going to put points into things that increase talent points that are most beneficial to that teams scheme. For example, I am playing as the Seahawks in my CCM who use the power running back scheme. Players like Trent Richardson and Alfred Morris (also power running backs) have progressed insane amounts based on what I see in their respective overalls. This is because their teams are putting xp points into talents that directly pertain to power running backs. If a team is putting points into making a player a speed back then they won't appear to be progressing to you because their "important" stats won't change.

Ever wonder why you get walloped by a bad running back or bad quarterback? They aren't actually bad, just bad for you.
Yes but overall only differs by a little bit. And also the other teams seem to stockpile xp. Either they're saving them up for better packages or they're not using them at all.

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Yes but overall only differs by a little bit. And also the other teams seem to stockpile xp. Either they're saving them up for better packages or they're not using them at all.

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
The overall point you make is true in most cases but not all. Certain players are HORRIBLE in certain schemes. For example, the Seahawks standard scheme for right end is someething like 4-3 Run Stopper and under this scheme Bruce Irvin had around a 74 for me. When i switched the scheme to Speed Rusher Irvin became a 90 overall. The same happens when JJ Watt is under a Speed Rusher scheme. He goes from 75 to 88 when changed to a different scheme. I haven't seen any problems at all with computer progression but perhaps it's simply a matter of how the ccm plays out. And again, if the computer is putting points into traits like Strength and Trucking when your scheme is looking for Speed and Route Running it's not going to seem to progress that player even though he is because your team's scheme doesn't give a flying **** about Str and Trucking haha
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #78
Rookie

silveredge96's Arena

OVR: 4

hey how does auto progress work. I have mine set to every 4 weeks but I get asked either do it manually or auto on "my actions". Really confusing can someone explain?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveredge96
hey how does auto progress work. I have mine set to every 4 weeks but I get asked either do it manually or auto on "my actions". Really confusing can someone explain?
I haven't examined it in detail but I believe it takes the points players have and buys either traits or talents (pending the amount of xp) that improve that player based on your team's scheme automatically instead of you going in and purchasing the talents/traits that you want for the player. I use auto on certain players that are aging or i'm not as concerned with progressing.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #80
Just started!

how and where do you change the scheme of your team??

I started with the Browns but wanted to run a 3-4. I don't think my scheme is set for a 3-4 because it says I need 4-3 run stoppers, and not pass rushing OLB (Like I want)

Please explain...

Also Im running a west coast O, so what stats do I need increase for WR; route running, catch in traffic??

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »