Home

Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Player Progression is broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I think you've missed the point of this thread. I advise you to reread everything. But I suppose ignorance is bliss.
all i read is this guy wants players to progress more witch does not make it broken.....he just does not like the way it is and then calls it broken.....i revert back to my 1st reply.......so guess ignorance is bliss .....you may want to reread is post

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by ultralow36; 08-31-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

If you look at their player card it has their true overall on it I'm pretty sure.

How was Luck performing? If he was playing like crap it would explain it, QB goals are insane in some cases, Chandler Harnish (the Colts 3rd stringer) had a first season goal of 4000 passing yards.

On a related note since it was brought up I've gotten Chad Spann up 4 in a season (while saving 50k to use on the speed up in XP) and TY Hilton up 5 (currently saving up for the XP speed rate increase). Spann only had to get 500 rushing yards for 20K EXP, Hilton had a bit of a stretch of a goal (80 receptions) but I traded Reggie Wayne in the preseason so he ended up being a target for Luck.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #19
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

scheme is indeed everything for the overall rating, can make a ridiculous difference.

at least it doesnt cut based on that. it makes me happy to see teams keep their rookies now and cut higher rated overall players. example. chiefs cut jacques reeves 70 overall in scheme in favor of keeping 66 overall dequan menzie(rookie). that is something few have talked about as a true positive this year.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
Not necessarily, I mean if you are in a scheme that values elite arm strength (field general maybe?) and Luck is in one that values short accuracy and mobility (west coast) logically the CPU will raise the attributes most relevant to that scheme (short accuracy etc.) and as such his overall in your scheme may not rise even though he is potentially a 90+ in his team's scheme.
Guys, scheme has nothing to do with how the overall looks on the roster. When you trade or sign a player, you may notice a shorter or higher rating but it doesn't affect how you look at players on the roster. I tested this theory by retiring my Oakland Raider's Coach, and took over Chuck Pagano for the Colts and Andrew Luck's rating is still at an 84. Remember I simulated three seasons, and Andrew Luck threw for over 4,000 yds for two seasons, with a career average 90 QB Rating. This roster was before the first roster update so technically his overall has only improved by one even though he had two productive seasons. I had Trent Richardson run for two straight 1,000 yds seasons, and his overall is an 81. This is just couple of examples, this seems to be affecting everyone. Simply this really needs to be patch, because it breaks the mode.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I do agree that there is too much disparity between the out of the box players and the generated rookies. XP needs to given a little more freely and theyneed to allow more options for back-ups to progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #22
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Well, that's a whole other problem within itself since schemes aren't saving once changed yet. But I don't think that's the issue here. The issue is that XP is only gained by starters basically, so the back-ups stay stagnant. Backups playing only a few games maybe due to injury or something isn't nearly enough to gain decent ratings.

This is still new to all of us and maybe we're missing something, but right now into my second year, it's definitely not looking good right now. I didn't really see any non-starters grow since they don't see enough action on the field.
The schemes are saving for me. I am in an online CC and made adjustments, quit out and loaded it back in and simmed a week and they stuck.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

The problem with the XP system is that players only get better with playing time. In real life, players improve physical traits by spending time in the gym and on the practice field. The only attribute that should be affected by play time is awareness.

With all the new attributes they came up with this year (which I don't particularly like b/c most are only combining multiple attributes into one) I wish they would have kept the potential rating and added a work ethic rating. Work ethic rating could fluctuate based on coach motivation.

Work ethic + potential + playing time (for awareness) = rate of progression

How many players with an "A" potential and a "D" work ethic never pan-out. Jamarcus Russel anyone?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

Okay, I'm still in my first season so I don't know exactly what goes on during the offseason so I'd like to ask a question. Do players progress during the offseason like they did in past Maddens or is it still all about using earned XP to progress them like the regular season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »