Home

Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Player Progression is broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #33
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
all i read is this guy wants players to progress more witch does not make it broken.....he just does not like the way it is and then calls it broken.....i revert back to my 1st reply.......so guess ignorance is bliss .....you may want to reread is post

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Commenters like you are the worst. You obviously didn't read anything other than what you wanted and can barely put together a grammatically sound sentence. Go troll somewhere else.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

Like I said before, simulate 5 season and see how unbalanced the ratings are. I'm not saying that the user controlled player progression is broken. You can always find different tactics to improve your roster. I'm saying that the cpu control team player progression is broken. Currently in my fifth year, there are no cornerbacks in the 90's overall. The roster for the cpu are just plain awful. The only rising stars in my franchise right now are the players who had an high overall starting from the draft. CPU control team player progression is BROKEN.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #35
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinner622
Like I said before, simulate 5 season and see how unbalanced the ratings are. I'm not saying that the user controlled player progression is broken. You can always find different tactics to improve your roster. I'm saying that the cpu control team player progression is broken. Currently in my fifth year, there are no cornerbacks in the 90's overall. The roster for the cpu are just plain awful. The only rising stars in my franchise right now are the players who had an high overall starting from the draft. CPU control team player progression is BROKEN.
Then something must have gone wrong in your CCM. Because most of these look very good.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ar-1-a-71.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Commenters like you are the worst. You obviously didn't read anything other than what you wanted and can barely put together a grammatically sound sentence. Go troll somewhere else.
It's broken!!!! Happy now? Troll really? Why because i don't share the same mindset as yours to say it's broken because my guy progress slower then i think they should.....You guys are so quick to call everything broken....I will not reply to the rest....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
My fatigue settings are forcing the cpu and my backups into the game so every game 90% of my guys are earning xp. My backup qb is the only one that doesn't get xp in the regular season. Could that be better, yes. Does that make it broken, not really in my eyes. Take a look at the thread where the guy simmed 15 or so years into the future. Elite players are in the mid 90s.
I'll guarantee they didn't get there by being a backup. When you sim games the backups don't even get credit for the weekly goals. Why do backups have similar individual goals to the starter? There's absolutely no way they're going to reach them. I shouldn't have to force them into games in order to progress them, especially when said progression is minimal at best.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Then something must have gone wrong in your CCM. Because most of these look very good.

CBs are the worst, that's what he said and that's what that link shows. How does some of the average overall team rosters look though? Is there a thread with some full rosters of teams further in the future of CCM?

I've noticed great players/starters remain great. So if they're drafted with high ratings and they start it's easy for them to gain XP, which was not the way it was advertised. They said it's harder for great players to gain XP because of the goals, but it turns out that only the great players seem to get 5 digit XP quickly. Meanwhile backups that are decent with potential to be great never develop XP since they may not start or whatnot.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 08-31-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:

The ratings sucked in his simulation too, they only got better once the original roster players retired, and the generated players got a chance to play. While still having the same issue of the young backups not progressing because of no PT.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

IMO the problem could be the cpu doing weekly progression and thus never buying expensive packages (that would actually improve the Overall because important = expensive in many cases). I just donīt trust the game to be as polished to have the CPU save up points for strategically placed upgrades unless you force it to.
I for my part have set it to yearly progression in the settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »