Home

Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Player Progression is broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #65
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJawedYokel
After playing through multiple seasons with the CC mode it's clear that the progression is not very good.

I've gone through the boring practices, played my back-ups, and focused my coach xp points on individual players to try to boost how much they are rewarded each week. There's just very little auto progression for players in the league, and when manually progressing players it takes too long because the cost of increasing the attributes is too high, while the time it takes to build xp is way too long.

For example, I had a 68 overall 1st yr linebacker start & complete a whole season after my starter was hurt. He had 130 tackles and ended up getting what seemed like a lot of xp (55k at the end of the year). The 55k really didn't do much though, and after upping various attributes his ovr rating was still only a 72 - this would be fine if the young players who put up numbers like that also receive a good boost from auto progression as well, but they don't.

We should be able to just train players like in NBA2k, as others have mentioned. It's more fun to develop young players, and you feel like you have more control over the progression of your team.
If he really had 55,000 XP and only went up from a 68 to a 72, you really spent your XP horribly. I had Levonte David go from a 78 or whatever he starts at to around an 85 after 1 season with about 30,000 XP.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im not sure if its just me. There maybe something I dont know, but I just finished my second season. During this second season my rookie rb set the record for single game yds twice and the single season record.I was able to bring his overall to 86, but after going through the offseason he went back down to 82 eventhough I manually progressed him. Does this happen to everyone or just me?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #67
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlence91
Im not sure if its just me. There maybe something I dont know, but I just finished my second season. During this second season my rookie rb set the record for single game yds twice and the single season record.I was able to bring his overall to 86, but after going through the offseason he went back down to 82 eventhough I manually progressed him. Does this happen to everyone or just me?
that never happened to me. you probably changed schemes somehow

And to the guy that had 50,000 points and the lb went from 68 to 72 that's not the game that's you not spending right, i had a rookie ss at 51 that i changed to a 72 with 34,000 xp
Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is something I just recently noticed and it's in an online CCM and deals strictly with the user, but needs saying none the less.

Difficulty apparently effects (significantly) how much XP you get from games/stats. I just made a jump up from all-pro to all-madden and good lord!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #69
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseos
This is something I just recently noticed and it's in an online CCM and deals strictly with the user, but needs saying none the less.

Difficulty apparently effects (significantly) how much XP you get from games/stats. I just made a jump up from all-pro to all-madden and good lord!
I'm assuming that you're also aware that if you play a solo CCM online you get significantly more XP for practicing and playing than in Offline CCM. Apparently they can tune the Online CCM portion but can't tune offline.

As far as progression I am holding off until after I am done with my first season (Offline CCM) and looking at both the CPU and User side progression. I have the CPU set to yearly so the changes should be noticeable. There was another thread on this were a guy had simmed ten seasons ahead and the overalls across the board looked pretty decent except for the TE, CB, and WR positions.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Is this true? Where did you find this info? Wish I'd known that before I started my CCM....
yes it is true and it tells you on the first screen when you create your coach, it lists the three different type of coaches and gives a paragraph description of each one.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderx87
Okay i have a question.....i like useing xavier omon as running back { hes a 61} if a have a 2000 yard rushing season with him will i get the rating i desearve.....
yes, each player has four levels of possible goals. If he rushes for 2000 yards, he'll for sure reach "level 4", which will give him "maximum" progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #72
Banned

All the people arguing that the system is not broken seem to only concentrate on their own personal teams. But the problem is with the cpu, is it not? Does the computer properly progress their own players? I don't think they still do. Although you get more XP now from an online ccm, does the computer use it wisely? I'm in the playoffs in my 2nd year, once the offseason comes I'll pay attention more to other teams and whether they managed their young talent well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »