Home

September 11th patch news?

This is a discussion on September 11th patch news? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: September 11th patch news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
We will see.

I have been a Madden fan since Madden has been Madden and seems like this franchise is swaying from the core element of what made Madden popular.

If they do patch up most issues that consumers have been complaining about on the 1st patch and come with a follow up quickly the next month, it will make a lot of people happy. But if they're planning on using the absence of a lot of features from past Madden as a selling point going into Madden 14, that is devious to the fans and just out of principle I wouldn't buy it in stores. I'd buy it 2nd hand.
I hear you and agree, just saying, don't get your hopes up on the first patch. In the past, the release day patch was usually for stability issues.

The game just released on Tuesday, with bugs/issues that people are finding after game release, I'm not sure they will be fixed in the September patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

In four days, I have had more problems with the management aspects than with the gameplay which is a first.

1) Player Position Requirements

This needs to go, period because it doesnt exist in reality. If a team wants to have 53 QB's on their roster, they can. Granted, no team is going to do that but the option should be there. Editing rosters yourself is a pain in the *** to start with. This fake non-existent requirement makes it an even bigger pain in the ***. EA/Tiburon always says that they want Madden to be realistic yet this is in the game when it shouldnt be.

2) Inability to use your custom roster in CCM
3) No editing in CCM

The above two go together because its horrible when I want to do one or the other but cant. Not being able to edit anything in CCM is a HUGE flaw in my opinion. Now, I can fully understand not being able to edit player attributes because that would defeat the purpose of XP but in regards to the jersey number, position and equipment, that all should be editable.

4) Inability to play with more than one HC/team

The reason why this is bad is because seeing players on other teams with duplicate jersey numbers is just bad and unrealistic. The worse part is seeing the Vikings sign McNabb every time and him wearing #4. Sorry but this is unacceptable and to be perfectly honest, a true hardcore football fan who wants everything realistic, this is a huge flaw and just so damn annoying.

5) Inability to skip the pre-season in the first season

The reason why this is a problem is because now that final cuts are done and teams are down to their 53 players, how is EA/Tiburon going to allow current rosters in CCM without it all being unrealistic and flawed if during pre-season, there's still cutdowns and CPU teams release players that should still be on the team?

6) Practice

This is good but I realized that this is where you get the majority of the XP points. I tried this once, thought it was okay but would have liked to have the same amount of minutes as in the regular games. Good idea but should have been better.

7) Player ratings lowered

Yeah, I know this has to do with schemes but whats the point in having a roster update if you cant use that actual roster update in CCM? Again though, I know this is also because of the XP. Just dont like this and think that it doesnt make any sense because how is (for example), 49ers TE Vernon Davis a 95 and is obviously the 49ers best receiving threat and has proven himself in the 49ers offense to be rated 95 by Tiburon yet, his overall rating drops to 90 in CCM because he doesnt fit the scheme? Sorry, to me personally, this is flawed.

8) Trading Block

Everyone knows about trades not going through because of the scheme and while I think thats a flaw because what team wouldnt take an Aaron Rodgers for some crapper? Seriously, any team that needs a franchise QB would find a way to get it done. But my main problem isnt even that because even though I dont agree with that, I understand it due to schemes, cap room, etc. but here's my problem and it has to do with the lower ratings when starting a CCM. For example, my 49ers backup TE Delanie Walker is 80 in general but a 77 in CCM. The best offer I get for him is a 4th, 6th and 7th round draft picks. Sorry, but he's worth at least a 3rd because he could easily start for half the league. He's very good and better than I thought he was but he's also behind arguably the best damn TE in the NFL so obviously, he doesnt get noticed. Since I believe he has one year left on his contract, that could be a reason why no team has offered me higher than a 4th rounder. Of course, if the CPU acquires a player with one year left, you would think that they would extend him. Otherwise, whats the point in acquiring him?

9) Auto Subs, etc.

Settings dont save. And yeah, I know there's a work around but there in lies the problem. We shouldnt need a work around. Period.

10) Depth Chart

This actually should be higher on my list but since I just remembered it. Its 10th. I hate that there's players who play at other positions but are listed in other positions. For example, the 49ers have one FB, Bruce Miller. TE Vernon Davis and TE Delanie Walker are setup as the second and third FB. I hate this. This shouldnt exist. The slots should equal the amount of players at the position. In other words, three QB's, three slots. There should be no Akers, Lee, etc. listed on the bottom there. This screws up so much that its just insane sometimes. Not being able to edit player positions screws me up in CCM because thats how I get around this damn problem and no, I never use auto re-order because that will really screw it up.

All of the above should be patched. And even though I dont play this way - Fantasy Draft should also be in. Its all about options and wanting to play the game YOUR way because as the user, the consumer, thats the way all sports games should be. More options and customization is key.

For the first time this generation, my main problems (even though a few existed before but I was always able to work around them) arent gameplay related. Gameplay wise, my biggest complaint is that the camera is too far away when you pass downfield. After that, subs not working the way they should. I have subs at 0/1. I dont want my crappy backups coming in. I like to sub in a RB or whoever when I want to. Not when the game wants to.

EA/Tiburon finally fixed the gameplay to where its actually good and can get even better but sadly, now, everything else is screwed up which sucks because I dont see the point in eliminating franchise mode, etc. just to turn a football simulation into some kind of RPG. Seriously, if CCM didnt exist and we had the same franchise mode as last year, I wouldnt be typing this and majority of complaints on this forum wouldnt even exist.

Presentation wise, its the best its ever been but still average at best. People can bash it all they want but eight years later and owning the rights to the ESPN license, 2K5 still reigns supreme by FAR. And for the love of realism and accuracy, eliminate the kicker warming up on the sideline because guess what? Akers is a LEFT footed kicker. Not a righty. UGH. And speaking of kicking, I played the first game in CCM against the Packers in GB with my 49ers. Wind was at 11MPH and it had absolutely no effect on kicks, passes or anything. Should have some effect. Since I just remembered this, make it three things gameplay wise and all three are easy fixes. Back to presentation...I wish I could turn off those replays after every damn one yard run and yeah, I know I can skip them but these are so bad, I dont even want to waste my time pressing the button to skip them. And what happened to the player of the game? You can barely see who it is and more times than not, its a player who shouldnt be the player of the game.

I apologize to everyone here for the long post but felt like saying it all. And the truly sad part is that EA/Tiburon could easily make Madden the best football game of all-time but they dont because they dont care enough to do so. When you get 900,000 sales on release day despite all these problems (and im sure, many more that I didnt list or even know about), EA/Tiburon quite simply dont need to do a damn thing because they know we all have no other choice for a current year football game.

*Goes back to trying to edit my "play now" roster*
Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #27
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I hear you and agree, just saying, don't get your hopes up on the first patch. In the past, the release day patch was usually for stability issues.

The game just released on Tuesday, with bugs/issues that people are finding after game release, I'm not sure they will be fixed in the September patch.
I agree. Even as a disgruntled co-op only player I can appreciate that their primary objective is to make the released game playable. They have hinted that they'll introduce some form of local multiplayer so I'm hoping that means co-op, but no confirmation at this moment.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #28
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
In four days, I have had more problems with the management aspects than with the gameplay which is a first.

1) Player Position Requirements

This needs to go, period because it doesnt exist in reality. If a team wants to have 53 QB's on their roster, they can. Granted, no team is going to do that but the option should be there. Editing rosters yourself is a pain in the *** to start with. This fake non-existent requirement makes it an even bigger pain in the ***. EA/Tiburon always says that they want Madden to be realistic yet this is in the game when it shouldnt be.

2) Inability to use your custom roster in CCM
3) No editing in CCM

The above two go together because its horrible when I want to do one or the other but cant. Not being able to edit anything in CCM is a HUGE flaw in my opinion. Now, I can fully understand not being able to edit player attributes because that would defeat the purpose of XP but in regards to the jersey number, position and equipment, that all should be editable.

4) Inability to play with more than one HC/team

The reason why this is bad is because seeing players on other teams with duplicate jersey numbers is just bad and unrealistic. The worse part is seeing the Vikings sign McNabb every time and him wearing #4. Sorry but this is unacceptable and to be perfectly honest, a true hardcore football fan who wants everything realistic, this is a huge flaw and just so damn annoying.

5) Inability to skip the pre-season in the first season

The reason why this is a problem is because now that final cuts are done and teams are down to their 53 players, how is EA/Tiburon going to allow current rosters in CCM without it all being unrealistic and flawed if during pre-season, there's still cutdowns and CPU teams release players that should still be on the team?

6) Practice

This is good but I realized that this is where you get the majority of the XP points. I tried this once, thought it was okay but would have liked to have the same amount of minutes as in the regular games. Good idea but should have been better.

7) Player ratings lowered

Yeah, I know this has to do with schemes but whats the point in having a roster update if you cant use that actual roster update in CCM? Again though, I know this is also because of the XP. Just dont like this and think that it doesnt make any sense because how is (for example), 49ers TE Vernon Davis a 95 and is obviously the 49ers best receiving threat and has proven himself in the 49ers offense to be rated 95 by Tiburon yet, his overall rating drops to 90 in CCM because he doesnt fit the scheme? Sorry, to me personally, this is flawed.

8) Trading Block

Everyone knows about trades not going through because of the scheme and while I think thats a flaw because what team wouldnt take an Aaron Rodgers for some crapper? Seriously, any team that needs a franchise QB would find a way to get it done. But my main problem isnt even that because even though I dont agree with that, I understand it due to schemes, cap room, etc. but here's my problem and it has to do with the lower ratings when starting a CCM. For example, my 49ers backup TE Delanie Walker is 80 in general but a 77 in CCM. The best offer I get for him is a 4th, 6th and 7th round draft picks. Sorry, but he's worth at least a 3rd because he could easily start for half the league. He's very good and better than I thought he was but he's also behind arguably the best damn TE in the NFL so obviously, he doesnt get noticed. Since I believe he has one year left on his contract, that could be a reason why no team has offered me higher than a 4th rounder. Of course, if the CPU acquires a player with one year left, you would think that they would extend him. Otherwise, whats the point in acquiring him?

9) Auto Subs, etc.

Settings dont save. And yeah, I know there's a work around but there in lies the problem. We shouldnt need a work around. Period.

10) Depth Chart

This actually should be higher on my list but since I just remembered it. Its 10th. I hate that there's players who play at other positions but are listed in other positions. For example, the 49ers have one FB, Bruce Miller. TE Vernon Davis and TE Delanie Walker are setup as the second and third FB. I hate this. This shouldnt exist. The slots should equal the amount of players at the position. In other words, three QB's, three slots. There should be no Akers, Lee, etc. listed on the bottom there. This screws up so much that its just insane sometimes. Not being able to edit player positions screws me up in CCM because thats how I get around this damn problem and no, I never use auto re-order because that will really screw it up.

All of the above should be patched. And even though I dont play this way - Fantasy Draft should also be in. Its all about options and wanting to play the game YOUR way because as the user, the consumer, thats the way all sports games should be. More options and customization is key.

For the first time this generation, my main problems (even though a few existed before but I was always able to work around them) arent gameplay related. Gameplay wise, my biggest complaint is that the camera is too far away when you pass downfield. After that, subs not working the way they should. I have subs at 0/1. I dont want my crappy backups coming in. I like to sub in a RB or whoever when I want to. Not when the game wants to.

EA/Tiburon finally fixed the gameplay to where its actually good and can get even better but sadly, now, everything else is screwed up which sucks because I dont see the point in eliminating franchise mode, etc. just to turn a football simulation into some kind of RPG. Seriously, if CCM didnt exist and we had the same franchise mode as last year, I wouldnt be typing this and majority of complaints on this forum wouldnt even exist.

Presentation wise, its the best its ever been but still average at best. People can bash it all they want but eight years later and owning the rights to the ESPN license, 2K5 still reigns supreme by FAR. And for the love of realism and accuracy, eliminate the kicker warming up on the sideline because guess what? Akers is a LEFT footed kicker. Not a righty. UGH. And speaking of kicking, I played the first game in CCM against the Packers in GB with my 49ers. Wind was at 11MPH and it had absolutely no effect on kicks, passes or anything. Should have some effect. Since I just remembered this, make it three things gameplay wise and all three are easy fixes. Back to presentation...I wish I could turn off those replays after every damn one yard run and yeah, I know I can skip them but these are so bad, I dont even want to waste my time pressing the button to skip them. And what happened to the player of the game? You can barely see who it is and more times than not, its a player who shouldnt be the player of the game.

I apologize to everyone here for the long post but felt like saying it all. And the truly sad part is that EA/Tiburon could easily make Madden the best football game of all-time but they dont because they dont care enough to do so. When you get 900,000 sales on release day despite all these problems (and im sure, many more that I didnt list or even know about), EA/Tiburon quite simply dont need to do a damn thing because they know we all have no other choice for a current year football game.

*Goes back to trying to edit my "play now" roster*
I agree with all that plus the cam bug. I play in broadcast mode only. It's the only way i've been playing since it came out in 10.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboyj
Oh goodie another blurb of unintelligence that has spewed from your fingertips. Your grammar is very poor for the record. Spell check was invented for a reason. This garble tho is about not being rewarded for customizing your game, a sin indeed, and then you complain about the "slider makers" and server storage again. Well your first point is ridiculous. For example I have no use for MUT myself. I hate that mode. My buddies love MUT. That is all they play. So for me it's unnecessary but for them it's essential. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. And if then you mentioned that you discovered your sliders were saved then awesome! Be a shame to have to redo your sliders every game. Then if you discovered that our sliders were stored on EA servers then I say FINALLY! Now I can go to my buddies and download my GT and BAM when I fire up Madden it gives me my sliders on his Xbox. That would be wonderful. Saves me time. The NFL is different for everyone. I run on Fast Speed with 0 speed differential. My Buddies like it on Slow with 15 speed differential. Different people=different Madden. Shocking I know. People are unique. I have no Idea what your last piece of your oral diarrhea is but if it regards sliders.... weren't you the one who mentioned Madden 06? Shouldn't you know? If it regards the server saved sliders to that I say I don't know. Don't really care. Can't change the past. Didn't you learn anything from The Lion King? So please for the sake of humanity stop your . Just shut up. This isn't an impressions thread.
Funny you should bring up grammar and spelling because you're not exactly portraying a Harvard graduate yourself.

1.) "I have no Idea what your last piece of your oral diarrhea is but if it regards sliders"

Try: "I have no idea what the last piece of your oral diarrhea is but if it regards"

2.): "Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. And if then you mentioned that you discovered your sliders were saved then awesome!"

- Wow, what to say about this one? First of all, "cause" should be "because". Why are you splitting the sentence? It's one train of though. Try this:

"Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone feels the same way and if you then mentioned that you discovered your sliders were saved then awesome!"

First lesson is free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »