Home

New juke animation?

This is a discussion on New juke animation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I have seen success with this move by moving it in a 10 or 2 o'clock motion on the R-stick also the above poster is correct about pressure sensitve & getting some momentum behind your runner. I can upload some clips if you'd like of me demonstrating quick cuts just like Frank Gore vid.

My two cents: Double-Triple juke in the backfield (Flick,flick) to do quick jukes and if you have open space goin toward sidelines when running in directions laterally the light pressure jukes seem to have worked for me when running laterally. I also seldom use turbo and then I may kick it in a few steps (1 or 2 seconds prior or after juking)
Can you upload some clips please I'm trying to learn the jukes instead of just that side hop

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: New juke animation?

Use the "cover up ball" button while juking. It helps. This Madden 12 video is good and also works on M13.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #27
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Use the "cover up ball" button while juking. It helps. This Madden 12 video is good and also works on M13.

The "Zwoop" is incredibly unrealistic and is a move for tournament players. No RB in real life is going to be able to be running full speed, then stop, run backwards, then regain full speed instantaneously without losing balance/taking time to get back to full speed. My oh my is foot planting ever needed.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

The BIGGEST problem with Madden since Next Gen began is locmotion/footplanting. When EA succesfully fixes this like they just did with the NHL series, things will start really falling in to place for Madden. Until they fix this the game is going to continue playing like an arcade game and the ratings will continue to not really matter.

This SHOULD BE the #1 focus moving forward. THis is a much bigger problem then OL/DL interaction. The game looks horrible once it starts moving and these are the reasons why.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #29
Pro

MMurda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Idk if pressure sensitivity is in Madden 13
its not...pressure doesnt matter, nor does 10oclock or 2oclock. i get em just like i use to at 3 and 9oclock on the RS. i did give those theories a big look once i first saw evidence that the old quick jukes were still in the game. i tried everything cuz i couldnt quite figure out what made em happen and what didnt. its all momentum based. u need to have full steam then juke. if u only take a few steps then juke with no real momentum u will get the hop juke. its literally that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
On PS3 we used to (still can?) be able to hit R1 or L1 to make a cut and use the Right Stick to do a hard juke.

I don't even know what L1 and R1 do when running the ball anymore.

Anyone know?
they do nothing now and havent for years. ever since they moved stiff arm to a(360)/x(ps3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dukes
Can you upload some clips please I'm trying to learn the jukes instead of just that side hop

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
follow my advice i just gave...i gave a very detailed explanation on the previous page. i may just try to do a quick vid to follow wat i just explained. ill have to clear some space on my phns mem card.
----------------------
Madden Since '92

Last edited by MMurda; 09-05-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #30
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
its not...pressure doesnt matter, nor does 10oclock or 2oclock. i get em just like i use to at 3 and 9oclock on the RS. i did give those theories a big look once i first saw evidence that the old quick jukes were still in the game. i tried everything cuz i couldnt quite figure out what made em happen and what didnt. its all momentum based. u need to have full steam then juke. if u only take a few steps then juke with no real momentum u will get the hop juke. its literally that simple.

they do nothing now and havent for years. ever since they moved stiff arm to a(360)/x(ps3)

follow my advice i just gave...i gave a very detailed explanation on the previous page. i may just try to do a quick vid to follow wat i just explained. ill have to clear some space on my phns mem card.
this is sort of true however if you double juke. Right then quick left or vice versa you will get to quick jukes and no large side hop.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #31
Pro

MMurda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
this is sort of true however if you double juke. Right then quick left or vice versa you will get to quick jukes and no large side hop.
yea i explained that in my more detailed post a page back...if u shimmy at anytime (left right on RS) regardless of momentum....u will come out of it with a quick juke. but sometimes u may not want to do that cuz u have to slow down first to shimmy. sometimes u want just that one quick cut juke only
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #32
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

In my opinion they need to overhaul the juking system. I think if they made it similar to NBA2k where you can actually set up defenders, it would be best. Currently, it just doesn't feel natural. There's a lot of suction. As an Eagles fan, it sucks that I can't use Shady McCoy in a realistic matter. As NBA 2k has shown, there is a lot of possibilities with the analog sticks.

Also they need to fix the quick juke. You shouldn't need 7 steps to trigger it. It should be a move that can be used at the line of scrimmage to cut back to space. This is a move that has disappeared off and on in the series. It was great on ps2, they brought it back in 10, and its been invisible since.

Last edited by gator3guy; 09-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »