Home

defensive line pass rush moves (help needed)

This is a discussion on defensive line pass rush moves (help needed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: defensive line pass rush moves (help needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
With the DE's you don't have to use the D-line moves to get to the QB in this years game. Just using the Left stick is better. Example, you're controlling the left d-end on your screen. When the ball is snapped you basically let your guy engage the LT, then pull the left stick Down and Left (7 o clock position) to quickly disengage then speed burst to the QB. Now Madden has given LT's ungodly recovery speed once they're beat but you can get pressure this way. Also most times a linemen or RB will sometimes slide over and help on you but this opens up the other side. Actual SACKS come more from the other DE using this same technique (except you'll be pulling down and right to disengage). I was using the Browns in CC and Frostee Rucker was just dominating using this technique.
Tried this in practice mode not having much success
Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Pro

for the speed rush move you need to have auto sprint off, and a more of a finesse DE would be better. for example with the eagles i can use jason babin and use the right stick to get pressure, but when i use trent cole im much better off holding the stick in the 7-8 oclock position and hitting sprint the second i come in contact with the oline
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

Left stick controls which direction you try and move toward, and Right stick controls what type of move you attempt to disengage/beat the Olineman with. For example, moving the Right stick to the left seems to twirl your DE to the opposite side to try and get around the blocker, and pushing it right seems to make him use his hands to smack the Olineman to the side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
Not too sound funny but you're obviously not doing something right because as i said i have Frostee Rucker looking like Reggie White out there. Now i didn't post this to imply it is a fullproof way to get a sack everytime you rush but this is the most effective way i've discovered to get to the QB when manual rushing. With the right stick moves all the DE's do is play patty cake with the linemen. Of course it works better when u can get the CPU into 3rd and 10+. Using the Man Under defense also seems to help as some of the QB's hold the ball a little longer.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
Practice mode? I didn't know there was a practice mode. Where's that? (SRS)
Old 09-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
for the speed rush move you need to have auto sprint off, and a more of a finesse DE would be better. for example with the eagles i can use jason babin and use the right stick to get pressure, but when i use trent cole im much better off holding the stick in the 7-8 oclock position and hitting sprint the second i come in contact with the oline
So I'm understanding you when you're controlling Cole you will hold the R3 stick in the 7/8 o'clock position & hit Turbo on contact?
If its the L3 stick you're using how do you hold it in the 7/8 without you're player moving?

Also with Babin and right stick when do you hit the R3 stick? When engaged? Just before? If before how soon before engaged?

Thanks
Old 09-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #15
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Practice mode? I didn't know there was a practice mode. Where's that? (SRS)
In CCM probably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades71
In CCM probably.
No go to playnow and there is a practice option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »