Home

defensive line pass rush moves (help needed)

This is a discussion on defensive line pass rush moves (help needed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #33
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: defensive line pass rush moves (help needed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
This isnt my beef with it really.

What i dont like is the fact that there are only 2 things that happen wen you rush the qb. A) OL tosses you B) OL whiffs. There is no resemblence of the struggling and hand fighting that goes on in the trenches irl. I dont need to get 5 sacks a game but i do want to be able to feel like i had full control over any sack i earned.

But the fact of the matter is you don't have control...at least not through the right stick moves. These moves haven't been effective against the CPU in the last three versions unless you severely lower they're pass blocking and jack up your pass rush. It's a flaw with the game engine and design. I've accepted this and found another way to achieve what i want which is pressure and sacks. But if you're gonna beat your head against the wall so to speak as far as the right stick moves go then you're gonna be continuously frustrated with this aspect of the game.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #34
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

My sliders will allow more a fight and struggle and your moves will work vs CPU. I just need to test which control motion, controls what type of moves are being triggered so probably a 30 minute practice session. I barely get thrown down and the CPU wont wiff unless there is a stunt cross

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 09-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Sorry brother, but I disagree. Check out the video here:

http://youtu.be/g26c5Z-Kdw8

The very first play, you can see the right DE doing just what you described. Either way, no big deal - I understand certain things bother some more than others, it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
This isnt my beef with it really.

What I don't like is the fact that there are only 2 things that happen wen you rush the qb. A) OL tosses you B) OL whiffs. There is no resemblence of the struggling and hand fighting that goes on in the trenches irl. I dont need to get 5 sacks a game but i do want to be able to feel like i had full control over any sack i earned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w

The very first play, you can see the right DE doing just what you described. Either way, no big deal - I understand certain things bother some more than others, it's all good.
Thanks for the video. But what's up with Kellen Winslow being wide open on a straight route play after play. I had guys doing it to me online a few times and he had a player wide open down the middle on nearly every play !

Last edited by mstikes; 09-10-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1

Does anybody not remember that they had defensive line moves mapped to the bumper buttons in the PS2 days? R1 and L1 had different commands, like rip/swim... They probably are gonna reintroduce these things as a "new, groundbreaking" feature...
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anything new on pass rush? Seems that using only L3 is getting the best results
Can someone explain how they use L3 + R1(speed burst)
Old 09-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w

rofl i made it 3 words into that video before I decided that whoever was talking needs to be beaten severely. Thats your madden target demo folks!

Sigh, look at the messages they sent eachother at the end of the game

Last edited by MikeLove; 09-15-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfanfrank
So I'm understanding you when you're controlling Cole you will hold the R3 stick in the 7/8 o'clock position & hit Turbo on contact?
If its the L3 stick you're using how do you hold it in the 7/8 without you're player moving?

Also with Babin and right stick when do you hit the R3 stick? When engaged? Just before? If before how soon before engaged?

Thanks
the best way i can describe it is my left stick has a little dead zone where i can move the stick a little bit before trent cole moves pre-snap. what i do is get this to the sweet spot where if i move it any more he will jump offsides so when the ball is snapped i can get off the line as quick as possible. i try to then hit the sprint button and run at the oline's outside shoulder and get behind him and the the QB. its by no means a perfect strategy but its gotten me some decent results.

for babin on the other end i do similar with the left stick pre snap but as soon as i engage i end up doing something like left stick to the left and right stick right so its like im moving towards the olines inside while im trying to swim/rip move to the outside. or vice versa. also it works to mix it up once in a while to rust run straight at him and hit down(or is it up) on the right stick to do the bull rush

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »