Home

Madden 11 vs Madden 12 vs Madden 13

This is a discussion on Madden 11 vs Madden 12 vs Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Madden 11 vs Madden 12 vs Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
My grading scale of these games-

M13: 8.5
M12: 7.5
M11: 6.5
M10: 7
Mat take on this

M13: 9.0
M12: 8.7
M11: 6.0
M10: 7.9
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Budget? 12. Custom Playbooks mean a LOT to me. Honestly, I can wait for Madden 14, and I will.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
So you've been honestly been able to go side by side with 12 and 13?

Madden 13 on 360 has better lighting has better grass and animations over 12 and even fixed some stadiujms etc etc., so i cant agree
Yeah, Ive posted a few threads on here.

Madden 13 does have better animations, player models, etc. It's the art work that is lacking(cut scenes and in between scenes looks incredible though). The grass this year is a hit and miss. Glad to see they got rid of the blotchy water colored looking grass in favor of more solid green colored grass, but they removed to much detail and it has a neon look to it. needs to be darker and IMO makes the game look not so great. Also the grass is just random, nothing even close to authentic, not even in just color. The main issue though is the 360 version has a softness issue to it that I can't correct even with a little extra sharpness. Playing Madden 13 and going right to 12 really shows there is a major difference in clarity.

Lighting is miles ahead in Madden 12, no question about it. The lighting in Madden 13 is terrible IMO. Madden 13 wasn't that bad in the inside dome stadiums though.

Also in Madden 13, we have a very poor gameplay camera IMO. For 2 years in a row it has been a top down far blimp view. Much prefer a closer Madden 10 cam angle myself.

On the PS3 the Madden 13 graphics are better then madden 12. Mostly cause Madden 12 didn't look good on PS3, and Madden 13 on Ps3 was better then the 360 IMO.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-19-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Yeah, Ive posted a few threads on here.

Madden 13 does have better animations, player models, etc. It's the art work that is lacking(cut scenes and in between scenes looks incredible though). The grass this year is a hit and miss. Glad to see they got rid of the blotchy water colored looking grass in favor of more solid green colored grass, but they removed to much detail and it has a neon look to it. needs to be darker and IMO makes the game look not so great. The main issue though is the 360 version has a softness issue to it that I can't correct even with a little extra sharpness. Playing Madden 13 and going right to 12 really shows there is a major difference in clarity.

Lighting is miles ahead in Madden 12, no question about it. The lighting in Madden 13 is terrible IMO. Madden 13 wasn't that bad in the inside dome stadiums though.

Also in Madden 13, we have a very poor gameplay camera IMO. For 2 years in a row it has been a top down far blimp view. Much prefer a closer Madden 10 cam angle myself.

On the PS3 the graphics are better then madden 12. Mostly cause Madden 12 didn't look good on PS3, and Madden 13 on Ps3 was better then the 360 IMO.
Thats cool I've tried some tests with 360 madden 13. and my settings are as follows

720p standard and NOT rgb color but the other one the ybr one

THAT in itself TOTALLY makes it look awesome to me. Plus i play on a plasma NOT LCD or LED (which in my opinion are horrible for gaming esp sports gaming...)

But in all honesty i cant go back...
Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

Wheelman is right on the graphics.

Madden 10 was a great game. It just felt right and looked right. Lighting was great. Gameplay was pretty tight as well. too bad there are no 360 updated rosters for it or else I'd go buy it in a second. I should have kept it, but I sold it for like 5 bucks to buy something else.

Madden 12 was on the same track as 10. I thought it had perfect graphics and the flow and speed of the game were perfect. I debate which is better, 12 or 10. Last year they had tuner updates set for 12, but none were released. I think the reason why was the game was pretty good after it's last udpate. And 12 has this years rosters people have made so that is another plus to pick it up.

Don't get 11, it was a step back, really back. The graphics were horrible and the gameplay was strange if I remember it correctly.

13 like everyone said is good on the field, but it's full of bugs. They're not gonna fix the game this year even with patches. There's no way to patch this game , there's so many issues. If you care about franchise wait and see. if you like play now, you can live with it. It's not worth 60 bucks, I got mine for 45 and think maybe that's even too much. But even though I complain about it a lot, I love the gameplay. It's just fun. It's just a shame EA screwed around and gave us a beta copy.

But the sad thing is how I hate EA/Tiburon screwing w/ this game so much yearly. Why can't they be consistent like NHL or FIFA where each game year after year gets better, doesn't take away features, and adds new modes. Madden management is just pathetic for being the #1 franchise in their portfolio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd say 12. 13 feels dynamic, but also like an incomplete game. 11 is just bad. 11 is an arcade casual game with an untouched franchise mode. 12, but if you're choosing between 11 and 13, I'd go with 13.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

The last truly great madden game was madden 05 for the Xbox. It's all been a mess since the 360 was introduced.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

At first I thought Madden 10 was my favorite version of all the games but now that I have been playing it alot, the warts of this engine are really starting to stand out.

Its like there is no organic and dynamic play whatsoever in this version. If you do THIS, the cpu will seem to always do THAT. If you do THAT, the CPU will seem to always do THIS. There is really no sense of team identity from game to game and team to team. Its as if every game develops the same way albeit just the differences in player ratings which still isnt enough to promote dynamic play. Player Ratings take a back seat to a scripted feel of AI routines.

I think I actually enjoy the FEEL and gameplay of Madden 09 over 10 however, as I mentioned in another post, you need to use the 2 controller profiles trick to enable CPU SLIDERS in 09 to make it play a much better game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »