Home

What does the awareness rating in Madden 13 affect in certain positions?

This is a discussion on What does the awareness rating in Madden 13 affect in certain positions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #17
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What does the awareness rating in Madden 13 affect in certain positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecLeamas
How do you know this?
I have actually played the game for the last few years.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #18
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacz
Well I didn't see many answers here so I decided to test my self. Made two exact WR's same stats, size everything except one had 50 awareness the other had 99. Thee 99 awareness guy has does better every time. I was throwing different routes to them, switching them from 1/2 WR so they'd get lined up against a different corner and the 99 awareness guy made more catches, dropped less passes, got open more, scored more tds, and the qb threw more accurately to him. So maybe awareness lets players only play to a certain level of there skills. But I honestly have no clue, it does something though.
Should probably have down lower amounts of AWR. Sure the 99 guy was better, but not may people are gonna be rolling with a 90+ AWR WR. For all we know some ratings may not batter till they hit an upper threshold.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25
Effects nothing really. I have a few guys with 20 is awr and I see no differance in any area.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
Rookie

jmacz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Should probably have down lower amounts of AWR. Sure the 99 guy was better, but not may people are gonna be rolling with a 90+ AWR WR. For all we know some ratings may not batter till they hit an upper threshold.
I could see such a difference, especially with the throws. Every pass to the guy with 99 was accurate, but a few were missed to the guy with 50. My guess, though I haven't tested it, is that at around 70-75 you would see a lot of improvement, then from 85+ there probably isn't that much of a noticeable difference
Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
Rookie

badgerwhacker's Arena

I wouldn't draft a receiver with too low an AWR rating. I did, in previous versions and accidentally once in this one, draft low rated AWR receivers and there seems to be a lot more dropped passes.

It's the first stat I scout when drafting and I don't proceed with scouting if the player doesn't score at least a C.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #22
Rookie

AlecLeamas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Raider
I have actually played the game for the last few years.
Just guessing like anyone else then. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #23
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Awareness is important but a raw guy with great skills Is def worth picking up because awareness can be raised quickly
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Based on a lot of the feedback, it seems like awareness is more related to consistency than anything else. I've noticed that since the last tuner update, CPU controlled QBs (even good ones like E.Manning & M.Ryan) tend to throw into coverage (& subsequently throw more interceptions) much more often than before whether there is any pressure or not. This is even with both User & CPU Pass Defense reactions sliders moved down in the 20s. Both have awareness in the 90s so it doesn't seem to help the CPU make better decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »